Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm doing ok...gettin' about 50mpg on the highway...

...slightly less in town...

·
Banned
384 Posts
hmm i get about 30. 60 to work and 40 around town. and i feel like im always on it.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Why has mine always been way lower than everyone? It used to be like 22, but I switched to synthetic oil, did some stuff with the intake (resonators) and got the K&N drop in...Would running one of those gas additives threw help, or like a tank of premium?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Why has mine always been way lower than everyone? It used to be like 22...
My 'balt barely gets 25-26 on the highway (in winter)...too many upgrades...

·
Banned
384 Posts
your wheels/tires will decrease mpg also.
snake - do u just go by what your DIC says? if you figure it yourself it usually comes out a 2-3 miles higher.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
i bought a vehicle with a 4.0L, so currently, my gas mileage with my cobalt is astronomical!!!!!i put a full tank in it about 2 months ago, still have a half a tank, but i am driving everywhere:D

my van gets better mileage on a tank of gas than my cobalt does, quite seriously

Do the math: Cobalt gas tank=$60 to fill ---3 days till empty
Van gas tank=$100 to fill ---7 days till empty

is there not something wrong here???

Cobalt=2.4L inline 4
Van=4.0L V6

and that is travelling MORE in the Van, than the cobalt!!!!!

·
Banned
384 Posts
i bought a vehicle with a 4.0L, so currently, my gas mileage with my cobalt is astronomical!!!!!i put a full tank in it about 2 months ago, still have a half a tank, but i am driving everywhere:D

my van gets better mileage on a tank of gas than my cobalt does, quite seriously

Do the math: Cobalt gas tank=$60 to fill ---3 days till empty
Van gas tank=$100 to fill ---7 days till empty

is there not something wrong here???

Cobalt=2.4L inline 4
Van=4.0L V6

and that is travelling MORE in the Van, than the cobalt!!!!!
then you beat on your car too much. i drive close to 30 miles a day and i can go a week and a few days.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
then you beat on your car too much. i drive close to 30 miles a day and i can go a week and a few days.
i do about a hundred miles a day bud, there is NO comparison to you

·
Banned
384 Posts
wow so youre saying youre going 700 miles on a tank of gas in your pos van....gtfo

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
wow so youre saying youre going 700 miles on a tank of gas in your pos van....gtfo
gotta love automatics, the thing has a freakin 85L tank, as opposed to the cobalt's 46L gas can......you'd be surprised

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.