Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is everyone paying for gas right now and is it effecting your plans this summer?

I just heard MN became the second highest price in the US after HI. We are at $4.19 average. I saw a $4.35 on my way to work :sad2: Sucks that I just bought a 18 mpg on a good day Jeep! :evil:

Probably will be taking less random cruises this year, but wont effect my need to race :nuts:

·
Registered
498 Posts
$3.75 on my last fill-up here in Michigan.

No change in plans here.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
average 3.75 around here, i seen it getting lower which is cool1

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

even though a chart shows it going up:? lol i guess its just me

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

USA National Gas Price Heat Map - GasBuddy.com

this is also interesting

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Prices here are approx. $1.37 per Liter which translates to $5.19 per gallon. You guys got it easy. I average about 22-24MPG in my STI, which is pretty good for the car. Not complaining though, I'm not strapped for cash so gas prices going up won't affect me too much. Also, my motorcycle is dirt cheap to ride...about $15 for a full tank, which gets me 250-280kms, so when I get my full license in a month and can ride on my own, I'll be riding it to and from work when I can to save more money on gas :D

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've beening hearing wispers of the possible $5 mark this summer. I am considering the possibility of switching to e85, especially in the Jeep!!

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
its at $1.32 a liter here and it doesn't bother me at all. Actually I'm planning on buying a 2012 4x4 F150 5.0L by this winter if everything goes the way I have it planned out. Gas doesn't bother us Canadians :)

·
Gawd of Thunda!
1,336 Posts
its at $1.32 a liter here and it doesn't bother me at all. Actually I'm planning on buying a 2012 4x4 F150 5.0L by this winter if everything goes the way I have it planned out. Gas doesn't bother us Canadians :)
1.25 here! I think diesel is at 1.13

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I drive a few miles north to the sticks...

Would be either Smithville Missouri or Platte City...

$3.69 for 87 in Smithville and in Platte....for you Missery folks. Everything else around the Metro KC area is $3.82+...

We've got one station where my MPG's really shine as there is no ethanol added...but that crap is well over four bucks a gallon. I'd rather not spend fifty bucks filling up an econobox...

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
$3.25 for e85, $3.79 for 87, over $4 for 93.. Either route I go with the evo I don't get a break lol.

---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 PM ----------

That's ok tho, that's where the big turbo comes in handy, I never see boost before I shift so I'm actually getting better mpg's now. I'm hoping for 35ish city and about 40ish highway. We will see once everything is up and running and the tune is done again.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I drive a few miles north to the sticks...

Would be either Smithville Missouri or Platte City...

$3.69 for 87 in Smithville and in Platte....for you Missery folks. Everything else around the Metro KC area is $3.82+...

We've got one station where my MPG's really shine as there is no ethanol added...but that crap is well over four bucks a gallon. I'd rather not spend fifty bucks filling up an econobox...
lol, its not uncommon for my to put in $60 from the gas light.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
LOL!!!!! lordie I love this forum

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
lol

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
last time i checked it was right around 3.60 per gallon here, gas prices going up won't affect me any though...... I was driving a lifted 94 f250 that was lucky to see 10mpg before i got my G5-unless you count the two weeks i drove my buick in which case im only seeing a 10mpg avg. increase instead of 20.....

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
$3.25 for e85, $3.79 for 87, over $4 for 93.. Either route I go with the evo I don't get a break lol.

---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 PM ----------

That's ok tho, that's where the big turbo comes in handy, I never see boost before I shift so I'm actually getting better mpg's now. I'm hoping for 35ish city and about 40ish highway. We will see once everything is up and running and the tune is done again.
do you daily drive the evo? Do you have another vehicle?

You are right about the big turbo, same applied on my 2.2 turbo'd xfe (S256 bullseye), got great gas mileage especially when I didn't go into boost.

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
a couple years back I did not care, nothing was ever put on hold. Now, eh its changed some. I've had to become a little more stringent after selling the balt and getting my truck that gets maybe 14mpg at best with two tanks. Normally just keep one tank with a couple of gallons and fill the other(about every 175-220 miles depending on driving habit). Got the miata for the fun car which it handles that duty great but gas mileage is not all that in it, people are shocked when I tell them it gets well under 30mpg city driving when driving it average, have not tried to go conservative just not meant for it :) . Next weekend will be the test, going to the Indy 500 so we'll see how good it does on a trip.

I have cut back on small things, like going to drives or just out for events but that is also due to work and being tired and just wanting to stay home all the time when off. In september an old forum I am on v6z24.com is having a bash, i have never been to one so I might try to do that. That is out in Iowa though. Might actually have to rent a car for that one cause packing is already difficult in the miata for just a weekend.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Miatas are awesome! My GF has a '94 that is so much fun to drive.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.