Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys yesterday while i was in class it flooded so bad that water came up to the bottom of my brakes and when i moved it to the parking garage the check engine light came on and today went to autozone and the guy said its the fuel filler cap sensor, but chevy supposedly fixed it or he said its bad gas. well i unplugged my battery and plugged it back in and now i smell gas. so what do you guys think.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Theres a lot of important stuff back there. How long was it under water? How far up to your door?

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

If im not mistaken it might be the fitting on the top of your gas tank. I know it has to do with a recall. Mine did the same thing.
He said that was fixed already

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the water came up to my brakes like just touching the rotors. and it was sitting there for probably 30min - an hour. and i don't want to deal with Chevy again. when my front speakers went out they wanted to charge me 100$ deductible to fix it. so i said no and spent 70$ and got all new speaker all the way around.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.