Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 05 chevy cobalt and when ever i start it i can smell the gasoline But then i no longer do, however i diagnost it and there was no codes and this car use ridiculous amount of gas. I change the exhaust manifold because of and leak dew to the body of it. I check all my o2 sensors and there all in good condition but it's still does explain why it's so bad on fuel which recently started to occur. At first the was an code saying (engine lean bank 1) which leaded me to the exhaust leak so i thought that's y i had this bad fuel usage but after such repair there was no difference. Can someone help me out here?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Call your nearest GM dealership. There is special extended warranty coverage for a fuel leak from the fuel tank, so it should be fixed under warranty. You give the dealership your VIN and they can look up the warranties.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh ok i went today and they where closed. But i bought this car from someone so am not sure how the warranty goes..

·
Registered
49 Posts
I believe the special warranty coverage is for 10 years/150k miles. Theyll look it up, the warranty is tied to the VIN not the original owner.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.