Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Say What again!
6,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I still have my stock gauge cluster (07 LT 120mph cluster), and I've been wanting a overlay to make my stock gauges match the Cobalt-series Auto Meter pillar gauges for a while, but I really think I should get a gauge cluster that goes up over 120 mph now that I have a car that can easily go over that.

I got iffy responses on CSS.net, so I was wondering if you guys had any input. Can I run an '07 SS/SC cluster? Or would I have to use an '07 SS/NA cluster?

Also, do I need to have my tune tweaked for it, or will the cluster itself calibrate?

·
Registered
720 Posts
The SS/NA is 140 MPH right? I think that one would work...don't know if you have to go to the dealership to have it calibrated or not though...I would assume if the SS/NA can work, the SS/SC or SS/TC can work as well.

Sorry I don't know for sure.

As stated above, it is most likely something that the dealership needs to tweak, but I could be wrong..I don't think it would do it by itself and I don't know if Vince (I'm assuming you have Trifecta) can control that in the tune.

·
Registered
56 Posts
from what i have heard as long as you have one from the same year vehicle it will work and the cluster will work properly without a tune.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
For the past few years you cannot just swap out guage clusters in GM products. They are set for your vehicle's ECU and you cannot use another vehicles cluster. You have to buy a new one from the appropriate GM dealer, give them your VIN, and in a few weeks you will have your new cluster. It is an attempt that was started by inusrance companies and a few other entitites to try to fight odometer fraud. Found that out when I was at the parts counter getting a part and someone came in trying to fix his dash after a vehicle fire.

·
Registered
56 Posts
well the mileage is digital and is stored in the ecm... just like everything else is electronic now... should be just plug n play as long as you have the correct year

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
You can get an overlay from US Speedo, they have many different colors and the 120 or 140 speedo overlays.

·
Say What again!
6,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So has anybody actually put an SS/SC cluster into an LS or LT?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.