Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently replaced my turn signal bulb, my 3rd break light bulbs, and my driver side turn signal tail light bulb. Shortly after I replaced the headlight bulb and tail light bulb, I began blowing the fuse which controls the gauge cluster lights and the running lights in the back when I turn the headlights or fog lights on or when they come on automatically. I’ve checked the gauge cluster wiring, the headlight wiring, the tail light wiring, all that, haven’t found any issues.

I thought at first it was, since whenever I turn the headlights and fog lights on, an issue with the bulbs being too high power, but after some tests which included removing the new bulbs one by one, changing the bulbs out completely, making sure all the bulbs were correct replacements as per the manual, I have come up empty handed with a solution.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: I found out that it had been a wire that was inside my door panel that had been cut by someone putting the door panel on too rough and it was grounding out against the bracket that holds the door controls on. A little bit of electrical tape and bada boom.

·
Registered
249 Posts
For whatever reason, when I first got my car last year, I had the gauge/tail light fuse blow. It happened to be at night so I noticed right away. After replacing the fuse it hasn’t happened again. I have since replaced all of my exterior lights with Sylvania Zevo leds. I have no idea if I’d have the fuse keep blowing with the original bulbs though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts