Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AS per title indicates, newly installed. Ths HIDs are 4300K (same as most OEM HIDs for max light output). Jus snapped a few picks when I installed it.

If there are requests for angles, let me know.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
thanks, yeah I gotta do that, I suck at painting though...
its just point and spray! lol
getchu some flat black spray paint, pop the grill out, take the grill away from any other objects and just spray a coat, let it sit, spray a coat, let it sit...etc!

you got this bro, i have faith in you! lol

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its just point and spray! lol
getchu some flat black spray paint, pop the grill out, take the grill away from any other objects and just spray a coat, let it sit, spray a coat, let it sit...etc!

you got this bro, i have faith in you! lol
ahah thanks man,

I did it a few times for some stuff and if you have advice on this it would be nice. THe problem I always have is the fact I don't have a garage and whenever I start painting there is always some bugs or dust or something that gets stuck on my painting surface. It's really a pain the the (_._).

What do you do? Or do you have a garage? ahah.... darn it..

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
ahah thanks man,

I did it a few times for some stuff and if you have advice on this it would be nice. THe problem I always have is the fact I don't have a garage and whenever I start painting there is always some bugs or dust or something that gets stuck on my painting surface. It's really a pain the the (_._).

Well, since I live in an apartment, I HAZ NO GARAGE, so I just did it out in the parking lot. It will be ok. I mean, its the grill, its on the outside of your car, its going to get dirty.
Unless a huge bug or mud ball lands on it, youre fine.

I even did my interior pieces out in the parking lot too! And they came out close to perfect!

·
Registered
499 Posts
looks sick!!
x2 on painting the grille
and also paint the home depo lip I think it would look a lot better and flow with the car better if it was black

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks good. Did you wire them up so that they stay on with the high beams also?
Well I didn't modify the wiring actually, so this is what happens:
1) When you pull on the high beam lever when the low beams are on, they are both on.
2) When you push your high beams lever forward the low beams shut off.

I think ( I don't know) it's made so that the wires won't sustain a 110W maximum at all times (assuming if you keep the halogen insides 55W each). But if you pull on the lever it would assume that it's temporary so they all stay on. I guess it's to protect it.

Yeah which HIDS did you get? Single or the bi-xenon ones?

and also, where did you get them from?
I got the el cheapo VVME single beam 4300K (3100 lumens claimed) for the low beam BUT with the relay harness, I didn't see a point for the bi-xenon in a projector and the high beams are still halogen. And at VVME.com

Looks sexy with that gmpp ground effects kit on the front. Props for a nice ride.
Thanks mate!

Cutoff pic!
will have them by tomorow, I'm aiming them tonight so I'll snap a few.

looks sick!!
x2 on painting the grille
and also paint the home depo lip I think it would look a lot better and flow with the car better if it was black
yeah you're right, I have quite some painting to do... >_<

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Never seen the Gen 4's in person, but like the looks of them the best.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
381 Posts
ahah thanks man,

go get some cheap .7 mil plastic drop cloths, and some 2x4s and build a little spray booth...thats what i have to do when i paint my bumper cause i dont have a garage either

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
go get some cheap .7 mil plastic drop cloths, and some 2x4s and build a little spray booth...thats what i have to do when i paint my bumper cause i dont have a garage either
thanks for the advice. Actually I re-did my emblem 3 times, because the previous times I always had some stupid ass bug get stuck on it or some sort of chunk of dirt.

I think I'm gonna wait till I swing by my friend's house and borrow his garage for at least the critical drying time.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.