Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a set of these for sale 150 + shipping. One of the mounting holes are broke. Are these real bright head lights and what bulbs are needed for hi low.

My stockers are starting to fog up again and I'm fed up with them so I'm in the market for brand new ones. My shop I go to said $500 installed for some halos with hid and every thing else.

Not sure what route I want to take

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I stay way out in the woods so I need them bright as can be do you have a link of some cool ones

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
all i will say is, install them yourself, easiest thing with this car.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
OP, you are refering to the headlight housing which in it self has no bulbs so it will not be bright! Depending if the housing has been retrofitted for HID's or not will give you an idea of what to get for bulbs. HID's typically run around $80 for low beam and $125 for hi/low. The temp Securedbalt refered to is only different in the wave length of light emitted (aka different color) not brightness. Although there is a slight difference as you go up in temp. Can you share a link for the housings you are looking at so we can give our opinions on if they are worth the cost?

·
Registered
675 Posts
yeah there is a bit of a difference as you go higher in temp. the brightest ones are the 4300K (Pure white) which come stock in cars with HID's. 6000K (Diamond blue i think) and 8000K (Deeper blue) are the most popular ones though

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Correct, if anyone is interested in a pair of 8k let me know. I have 6k all around now and they would look wierd if I used them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.