Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, as this is my first actually nice car, I intend to keep it that way. That being said, I really am kind of clueless on how to keep the engine bay nice and clean. Is there a specific product I should be using every week or what?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
I just pressure wash mine being careful.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
i want to pressure wash mine but im still too scared to do it lol

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
^^Leave it running.

Don't spray directly on electronic anything/wiring...it can get wet, just use common sense.

Then after you wipe it dry, spray it with tire foam. FOAM, that's it. Let it sit for a few minutes then wipe everything down with another towel, because water + tire shine anything = streaky crappy mess.

You can see how well it works in the Caddy/8100 Silvy in the link below when I detailed cars for a side gig.

Detail Pictures - Automotive Detailing Kansas City/Liberty Area

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
engine so clean! ill try one of these days

·
Registered
311 Posts
I'm careful to wipe up any oil that spills when doing the oil changes (around the filter and filler) and when I wash the car I hose down the motor and compartment.

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
I detail cars for a living. I spray degreaser over the entire engine compartment and spray everything down.

Do it all day every day. Done it many many times on my car. Works the best over anything.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
I detail cars for a living. I spray degreaser over the entire engine compartment and spray everything down.

Do it all day every day. Done it many many times on my car. Works the best over anything.
What's your favorite brand sir?

Sent from my EVO

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
I should be more clear I may have caused confusion. I spray it all down with degreaser and then spray the engine compartment with the pressure washer.

I use product from a car wash supply company. I don't remember the company name but the degreaser is called "mean green" and we buy it in 5 gallon buckets.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.