Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im not sure if its a cobalt thing, but this happens everytime I turn my car off. It takes like 3 minutes or so,but my car make 3 quick knocks when I turn it off. Exactly as if some had just knocked on the hood of my car. It makes me look up everytime. It scared the crap out of me the first time! Anything like this or similar anyone?

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
I have a similar issue, but it's most common after shutting off the engine. Three quick knocks coming from under the trunk it seems. All I can think of under there is the EVAP. After a few minutes with the key still in the ignition the tack and speedo dance around, falling well below 0 kph/0 rpm. Never thought anything of it really, kind of amusing actually lol

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
All normal, cluster goes to detent after 20 seconds. The other noise in the back(those 3 thumping) is the EVAP solenoid cycling.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It does sound like a soleniod. It always happens after the car has been running, and then you shut off the car. It freaks my friends out. I was beginning to think my car was haunted.

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
its trunk monkeys, nothing to worry about.

wonder if anyone is here to get that reference still

Funny story, I arrived at a meet and was standing behind mine and a couple of people came up and got asking me about the car, the knocks happened and they looked at me and I just said "she'll be fine, nothing to worry about."

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.