Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen this on a few peoples cars and was wondering how hard it was to take out, And how you all painted it knowing theres a few different ways, is it a powder coat? How would you paint it also? My friend is really good with an airbrush but i know nothing about painting and crap.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Are you talking about everything? Such as the trim, glove box, sides, etc. As far as the top goes I had the front section (the piece that touches the windshield) off but haven't looked in to it any more. That section just snaps in place. The rest can be easily removed with a few helpful pics.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea im talking bout the over all dash. Not so much the vents in the dash tho i wanted to keep them the same color they are now, but wanted to get the dash coated red, just dont have much idea on how to go about it.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nah just something i wanted to look into and check out an over all cost to do.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Just be careful if you do the top part of the dash in a glossy color. IT will glare really badly in the sunlight. I had the top part of the dash in my Cougar painted blue and silver, and I ended up having to cut a piece of black fabric to cover the dash with whenever I was driving. It was completely worth it tho. I'm getting ready to do the top part of my dash on my Cobalt soon too, just gotta wait for it to warm up. It's too cold here to paint and I have nowhere that I can go to paint it indoors.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I have had this experience with another car and it is one that one **** up can ruin your interior. There used be a DIY on here about putting a type of plastic over top the parts with a heat gun and it looked great. I think the dude Got it from a hobby store. I'll see what i can find for you. It also makes the interior smell bad btw especially if u have cloth seats.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.