Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car isnt even a week old from chevy and im already getting sick of it! Ive had this annoying problem with the bumper not being aligned properly, have a chip to bare metal on the top of my drivers door (not even where it meets contact with anything) the key gets stuck going in and out of the ignition, the shifter doesnt always go into gears properly (both fast and slow shift movements) the car is EXTREMELY badly made, my 01 neon (base) was cheaper brand new and was more properly built. This car feels like it came out of korea (no offense) and doesnt fit the name American Made! I knew it was a low entry car, but from chevy i wasnt expecting this bad.

My friends 08 SS feels/seems like it was built properly, why doesnt this which is the same car w/o the nice engine and stuff.. :s

Im bringing the car into the dealership tomorrow to see what theyre going to do, because I feel like I made a HUGE mistake going from my SRT4 to this! Even for the fact that my insurance dropped alot...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya but still.. its the fact that their screwing customers over. My family is pretty much all chevy ppl and my uncle works at GM Canada's HQ in to Toronto, and yet we're slowly done buying any of their new vehicles. Most the ones we own now are the classic chevys (from their good old days) the rest are imports, minus me.. And now im even getting pissed at domestic companys.

This may be my last domestic DD car!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I want to love the car, it has everything I want. But the problems is just too stupid for a brand new car..

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
sorry to hear it - sounds like you got a lemon. it definitely shouldn't be having that many probs, especially as a 2010. i'm almost inclined to agree w/ beamer that they're not putting as much care into the later years of balts as they're going through troubles with employees morale and phasing out the balt. who knows. hope the dealer can fix some of the stuff for ya.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I still have the option of returning it.. but w.e they better fix this car for me!

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Imports also have issues.
When i got my 06 Mazda 3 in 06 I had to have the ignition switch replaced Because it thought there was it a key in it all the time and would not allow me to use the keyless entry.
Because if there is a key in the ignition your keyless entry is disabled.

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
Well I still have the option of returning it.. but w.e they better fix this car for me!
I would return it then, and tell them you want a different colored one. It honestly sounds like you got a lemon.

Oh, and for the record. I love mine, too...

·
cobalt newb
110 Posts
Im gonna join the bandwagon here im loving mine, I have a 2007 LS coupe 5 spd and so far I have had no issues other than an ignition issue which the dealer fixed for free, other than that its run fine, get great gas mileage (32 city 37 highway) and when i need to teach my friends a lesson in their civics and sentras it has no issues.

hopefully they agree that its a lemon and replace it for ya. oh if you can go for an SS :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The reason i have a LT is due to insurance, the SS would be more then my SRT.. Im paying $500 already

·
Registered
83 Posts
im gonna join everyone else.. i love mine also. only problem i have is my cracked front bumper

but im sorry to hear about your car.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am hopefully going to get this stuff fixed, otherwise i want a diff car (dunno if i want to have another 2010 balt tho, since they all have the bumper problem there.. but i want to keep all the same features.. so i dunno

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I freakin love my cobalt :D :D sounds like you got a lemon dude, my G/F just bought a brandnew Mazdaspeed3 and the thing has tonnes of problems, it can happen to anycar.

·
Registered
22 Posts
keep it... I've got 163k on a 05 base atx and once the kinks got worked out it's been a dream... most reliable vehicle I have ever owned... still drives like new with 90% original parts (including orig delco battery)

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
There is a dealer TSB on the ignition switch issue.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.