Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After finalizing everything up with my friend whos a fellow tuner (nasty WS6 trans am, turbo civic ) my girlfriends car finally went into the shop where hes the head painter at. Hes stoked because he normally just does repair work for insurance companies, and its not often he gets to get creative with custom jobs.

Brief overview - girlfriend got her scion last year, for 6,700 cash. KBB was 12k. It was a boston city car so it had front and rear bumps from parillel parking, and had a ding or scratch in damn near every panel. She wanted it all fixed, and after doing mods to the rest of the car, she finally came to the point for paint. We talked it over with him and decided to do black cherry pearl paint ( stock color ) with pink flake in the base, and the clear. Also she got a hell of a deal on these rims from World of Wheels carshow in Boston when we were up there, but never liked the chrome lip, so shes doing a heavy purple flake for the lips ( dont mind the black underneath, he shot the sample real quick just for an idea ). Then hes going to do a similar edge match to her carbon hood like my hood is. Next year she will get a carbon hatch, or possibly over the winter. Also having the antenna shaved off while we are at it. With these colors though it doesnt look like ill be taking it out for grocerys anymore lol.

The car before

Driving on the way there

The samples - will be much more pink flake

Teaser he sent from last night

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She's stoked. She just misses her car. I can't wait to finish this project up so we can finish the mada project :)

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Any updates??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.