Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

this is my first post on this forum. I am looking for some advice on what to do next.

I recently updated my 2008 cobalt lt sedan with new wheels(17”) and tires. However now the car doesn't look very proportional. It looks taller than before and I would love to be able to lower the springs. However I have never really done anything to any of my cars before, just recently I felt the urge to fix my cobalt and make it look nice.

IF YOU GUYS CAN TELL ME WHAT I NEED TO BUY IN ORDER TO HAVE SOMEONE INTALL THEM FOR ME.

Some info:

wheels borbet lv5 17” 5x110

Tires: hankook 210/50/17 v12 evo

Do I need to lower the 4 of them?

I like the way it looks in the front, what I don’t like is how they look in the rear.
i don’t want them to be really low, I still would like to have some comfort while driving.

I know there is a bunch of post about lowering springs, however i would like to buy what will work for my needs.

Thanks and hope someone can help me out on this.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Use the search button, there are 50 forums on what springs to use and comparissons of all the different types. Much easier and faster for you

·
Registered
446 Posts
The Eibach Pro-Kit Springs (not the Sportlines) are the way to go if you don't want to really drop it and they won't break the bank.

·
Registered
287 Posts
yea either the eibach pro springs or I would say progress springs.

The eibach pros only lower the rear a tiny bit, and dont ride any different, and the progress springs lower the car a little more than the eibach pros, but ride better

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

http://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/suspension-wheels-brakes-tires/26932-lowered-cobalts.html

^ Heres what will probably help you the most with deciding what kinda drop you want.

But please browse and search next time before starting an new thread that has been posted a million times. Welcome to YC!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies guys, I will be checking on what you guys recommended.

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

Just another thing, how about wheel bearing, do i need to do anything about these?

·
Registered
395 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just for reference, here are two pictures of the car with new wheels, you can see that there is a huge gap. So any of these springs will for this specific car? I already put in my head and would like to fix this as soon as possible. But still not spend a fortune, and buy something that will last and.

I was going toward the progress, a lot of people seem to like these spring.

but how about shock/struts?

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

·
Registered
787 Posts
Im lowered on progress springs and fe5 shocks and struts and I love em, the drop was nice, but I'm not super low so I dont need to worry about my driving habits

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am digging the wheels. Are they gunmetal?
Borber lv5, I was looking for something towards the gray color, but was having a very difficult time, thanks goodness I was able to find these wheel. I really like them.

I have been reading like crazy, and seem to understand a little bit better about the difference among these brands, etc. I probably will go with progress or pedder. Thanks for the great info.

Now I just need to find a place to install them for me for a good price. anyone interested? :)

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Tires?

wheels borbet lv5 17” 5x110

Tires: hankook 210/50/17 v12 evo
What size does your Cobalt call for? If your suppose to shoe 195/60-R15 your speedometer must be off with those tires by 4%. In other words when driving at 70 you are actually going 73.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What size does your Cobalt call for? If your suppose to shoe 195/60-R15 your speedometer must be off with those tires by 4%. In other words when driving at 70 you are actually going 73.
It is 205/35 or 40 I was told, however when I bought mine I forgot to ask and I got 205/50/17. Should I worry about this? My sisters boyfriend said I bought the wrong tires, however I bought what the people at americans tired recommended.

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

If ur in Wi sure
Thanks :), but I am located in CA. It would be a long drive to get there.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Not dangerous, but you might want to grab a GPS verify your actual speed just so you know and have a reference. Otherwise you won't be able to argue with the COP.:bigsmile:Tire size should be marked inside drivers door .

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.