Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Chevrolet Cruze brags ample interior space, amazing cargo capacity and comfortable seating for five. General Motors, US car maker launched its mid-level luxury sedan Chevrolet Cruze in India. This is Chevy’s all new entry into the compact segment.

Chevrolet Cruze is the consequence of a growth process tackling GM’s global expertise and is the first of a new family of compact products that will deliver world class quality. GM Chevrolet Cruze was first unveiled at the Paris Motor show in October 2009. Chevrolet Cruze is designed and developed to be sold around the world. The company claims that the car would give a mileage of 18.3 kilometre per litre, according to the Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI) standards.

General Motors has also planned to launch the small car Chevrolet Beat, a Hyundai i10 baiting hatchback for around Rs 4.8-6 lakh this December in 2010. Chevrolet Cruze will take on the tough competition from Honda Civic and Toyota Corolla which have the upper midsize segment.

The car has been introduced at an aggressive price tag of Rs 10.99 lakh for the Cruze LT variant and Rs 12.45 lakh for the fully loaded LTZ variant, both prices ex-showroom Thane. The pre- launch bookings of the car have said to reach the bar of 1,100 units. Chevrolet Cruze has been launched exclusively with the 2-litre diesel engine with 150 bhp and 33 kgm of peak torque.

The 2.0 VCDi has been seen before in Chevrolet Captiva. The Cruze comes with 3 engine options starting with the 112 bhp 1.6 Litre 4 cylinder petrol, another 1.8 Litre 140 bhp petrol and the 2.0 Litre turbocharged common rail diesel engine from the Captiva SUV. Chevrolet Cruze features a bold stylish front with large headlamp housings which is wrap around the front corners and sweep up like arrow, into the fenders with sculpted hood. Chevrolet Cruze includes a stylish interior features with a double cockpit design that was first introduced in the iconic Chevrolet Corvette sports car.

Chevrolet Cruze is the first vehicle by General Motors that produced at a revamped Delta 2 platform, an architecture which will be used for all small cars of General Motors around the globe.

Chevrolet Cruze will be full with superior integrated Blaupunkt RDS Radio / CD player with MP3 CD capability with Six CD Changer audio system with six integrated speakers that offer high class entertainment. Its highly developed audio system will be available with MP3 Auxiliary Input Jack and with USB Socket to connect devices like pen drive, mobile phones etc.

General Motors India President and Managing Director Karl Slym said, “The Cruze has been receiving rave reviews since its recent debut in some other markets. We expect it to perform well against the established D-segment players.”

“GM’s investments in manufacturing the Cruze in India is a demonstration of our sustained commitment to making Chevrolet the most admired and preferred vehicle brand in this country,” Slym added.

Source: GM’s Chevrolet Cruze promises excellent interiors | Ub News

·
Registered
276 Posts
Umm okay. I'm curious about this Chevy Beat now... Interesting name at least!
The Cruze is sounding pretty damn nice, but it's sounding like there's too much going on in it for me.

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
It wouldn't surprise me if the quality is super-high. I mean, look at all their (well, Chevy's) new vehicles out: The Malibu, the Traverse, the Camaro and the Equinox - all are absolutely top notch.

While up on Woodward during this summer, an engineer stopped in with his M-plated Chevy Spark, and I have to say, I was impressed a great deal.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Oh yeah, they'll at least look fancy. They've got quite a few concept cars/trucks that I'd love to see. I'm just feeling a bit bitter over the Cruze replacing the Cobalt.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
It wouldn't surprise me if the quality is super-high. I mean, look at all their (well, Chevy's) new vehicles out: The Malibu, the Traverse, the Camaro and the Equinox - all are absolutely top notch.

While up on Woodward during this summer, an engineer stopped in with his M-plated Chevy Spark, and I have to say, I was impressed a great deal.

thats BOMB!! wheres Woodward at? lol

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
It stretches from Detroit, MI to Pontiac, MI.

It hosts the Woodward Dream Cruise each year, which is the largest gathering of cars in the world. It's HUGE. But people are always out cruising during the nice-weather season.

M-1 (Michigan highway) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

·
Registered
276 Posts
Also, I just might drive one of those when it comes out... They look nice, and dare I say, cute. I'm keeping a death grip on my 'balt though...

·
Registered
720 Posts
I want to see the Spark for sure, but I don't think it would be practical for me...I think the next step for me will either be my wife's Aura XR when she wants to buy her Mini or a Cruze.

I felt the same way when they announced the Cobalt was replacing the Cavalier...I loved the Cavalier for years. My dad had an 84 Type 10 coupe that lasted until the late 90's (I think about 15 years...which is amazing since he stopped changing the oil in it after about 6 or 8 years). That thing was a nice car for what it was. He had a 92 Beretta after that and it was a piece compared to the Cavalier in certain ways. I loved the 2nd and 3rd gen Cavaliers (Z24's especially).

·
Registered
490 Posts
I;m sorry guys ,but the Chevy Cruze interior doesn't look any better then say the 2010 Dodge Caliber:

Or the 2010 Ford Focus:

·
Registered
931 Posts
had a ford once.... enough said

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
We're hearing a lot about interior fabrics and space.... but little to none on the mechanical side... the "omph" part!
I think it will be a nice (compact) car,, with grossly lackluster performance. It will take about 2 model years of customer complaints to rectify that problem.

·
Registered
276 Posts
which brings up the question of have they even finished working most of the bugsout of the mechanics of it?

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
lol nice comments all. Imma keep my new cobalt for as long as I can, hopefully 5-6 years minimum. When im done school in 2 yrs, ima save up for a nissan z lol hope this doesnt dissapoint you all, but the chevy cruze doesnt interest me much. I need something real sporty with lots of potential and a good aftermarket scene. Love my cobalt though!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.