Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have the GM after market leather and carbon fiber shift knob for auto?
gm part number 19165178

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gm has a whole bunch of them.
i saw the listing for it on ebay a while ago and didn't get it and i want it now but cant find anyone on ebay selling them
they have leather and red on ebay and the leather and nickle

Accessories Details

thats the link for the shift knobs and all the other accessories you can get from GM and of course they will be expensive thats why i wanted to see if any one had one so i could get it for cheaper

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
The GM shift knobs are a bit pricey -- but you get what you pay for. Sometimes you get lucky on e-bay when buying a used piece -- Sometimes not...

I have the ebony w/red insert shift knob.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I knew they made it, but have not seen it "in person." Would at least like to se a good (non-GM) picture of it.Wonder if it matches the CF door inserts???

GTO 1

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i think i might be able to pick up a pic of it
thats if i still have the message i sent to the user on ebay selling it in my messages folder
ill get back after i look
-----Added 16 Nov 2008 at 02:05:18-----
yeah i don't have it.
but i might just order it off that site but i don't know
it is pretty cool
i went to my chevy dealer and they said it'd be 125 or something so i guess this site is cheaper than going to the dealer

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah i don't have it.
it is pretty cool
i went to my chevy dealer and they said it'd be 125 or something so i guess this site is cheaper than going to the dealer

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
$85.00

yeah i don't have it.
it is pretty cool
GM Accessories sells this full retail at $85.00

GTO 1

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I'm partial to crateenginedepot.com when it comes to buying GM accessories and parts....they offer excellent prices all the time. Even though I can get GM parts below retail locally, when I order them from my local dealer I have to pay tax and I have to drive 15 miles round trip to pick them up days later. When I order from CED I pay shipping (not tax) so that is a "wash" -- and the parts are delivered to my door.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm partial to crateenginedepot.com when it comes to buying GM accessories and parts....they offer excellent prices all the time. Even though I can get GM parts below retail locally, when I order them from my local dealer I have to pay tax and I have to drive 15 miles round trip to pick them up days later. When I order from CED I pay shipping (not tax) so that is a "wash" -- and the parts are delivered to my door.
can u get the cf leather shift knob from that site?
i want it but would spend around 40-60 for it
-----Added 16 Nov 2008 at 03:17:29-----

GTO 1
yeah idk i talked to some guy at chevy and he said 125 i don't think he knew what i meant though i told him the carbon fiber he was like yeah after market

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

GTO 1
yeah idk i talked to some guy at chevy and he said 125 i don't think he knew what i meant though i told him the carbon fiber he was like yeah after market

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
It's unfortuate, but many dealer personnel don't really know the cars and what's available for them. We're just "Cobalt-Crazy" and know more than they do. When I go to the local dealer and start looking at the new Cobalts I like to listen to the sales people as they try to "sell" the car. By the time I leave I make sure they are more educated than when they started...LOL!!!! The first time I mentioned the "no-lift-shift" on a 08 SS/TC the salesman thought I was talking about something you could do off-the-line...LOL!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
It's a shame....

It's a shame you have to buy the entire leather (tan, gray or ebony) shift knob (w/carbon fiber insert) The leather part of shifter knob are all identical except for the "insert" blue, red, yellow, CF etc) You could keep your original leater shift knob and just replace the insert to the color you wanted. But like the little "SS" emblem on the right dash trim above the glovebox,, GM makes you but the entire trim piece to get the SS emblem (attached) as they do not offer the little "SS" emblem separately.
I too order online, depending on total price, unless it is a part that may be prone to shipping (cosmetic) damage. When I need it "perfect", I go the dealer so I may inspect PRIOR to handing them the coins!

GTO 1

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah but the insert doesn't pop out that'd be cool if it did than i would just do that
im not sure if im going to order it because its pricey but kinda cool
and the leather is different i saw the pic of it and its leather n its not the hard stuff like the steering wheel and everything else on the ls its actual leather
and yeah you could just buy the SS logos off ebay or something
they just try to sell you the whole piece to get more money off you

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
The little dash "SS" logos are not available separately. If someone has them on e-bay they are off a used/junked car or stolen! I've tried to buy them separately -- had GM parts people try to get them. You can only get them already attached to the trim piece.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ooh the little dash ones. i thought the side ones on the side of the ss's were pretty much the same
gotcha

·
Registered
68 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.