Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 Balt 2.2l base with 77k and was looking into a fuel system cleaning. I was interested in knowing what everyone's experiences were with whatever type of cleaning they received whether it was done professionally or with adding to tank stuff like GM fuel system treatment plus. Is that product just an add to tank product or is it a Pcv vacuum line product too like seafoam?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

I've also heard good things about techron too. Im looking to restore my lost mpg since owning the vehicle

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
The GM treatment is a gas tank additive which cleans the whole fuel path including sending unit wipers. My self I like it, I add it as a preventative measure.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
If you tuned for performance instead of mpg expect lower mpg. Your driving habits will dictate your mpg lot more than an additive.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I try to always use top tier (detergent) gas..It's typically a few cents more per gallon but I think it keeps down the knocking and pinging and likely keeps the injectors and fuel lines cleaner than they'd otherwise be.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.