Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check this out.

GM sues supplier over steering woes - Chicago Tribune

My 07' is at 35,600 miles. Sending it in for its 3rd steering column. First it was "clunks." Now, when you drive on a gravel road (or one that is washboarding), the whole column rattles.

So, if yours is doing this, its kind of hard for GM to deny it when they're suing the supplier... $30M in damages claimed so far with more expected...

Get yours before your warranty expires!

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Great find! And wow $30 mil just for steering columns, nice design GM :bigsmile:

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
That flat out blows... This is why I like older cars, no stupid electronic assists.. I like my hydraulic systemz :noworry:

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Nice find!

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

Gms best selling car ans they discontinue it. Faail....

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
Recalls are for safety hazards. This does not present a safety issue, only an annoying noise.

there is an active TSB for it, and that's all that is needed.

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
I've never heard mine rattle?

·
Registered
339 Posts
So I have had done before n it has been n still does rattle should I go back n get it changed again, I figured gm would do something about this. So when did this effect all gm owners. I hate that it rattles n clunks ts hella annoying.

·
Registered
227 Posts
it needs to be about the power steering, mine went out on kennedy drive(one of the busiest roads in my whole county)

·
Rocket Power
711 Posts
Mine rattles a bit even at 5900 miles. It's going in for warranty in a few weeks for that and warped rotors. This is the second time the rotors have been warped!

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
mine has rattled since the day i bought it & it was brand new

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
What does this rattle sound like, I don't think mine does (yet), but maybe it does...

I have 40k miles, and it used to be a rental for 27k of those...

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
What does this rattle sound like, I don't think mine does (yet), but maybe it does...

I have 40k miles, and it used to be a rental for 27k of those...
it kinda sounds like a marble rolling/bouncing around in the lower dash... i guess that's the best way to explain it... lol
esp when driving on a gravel road

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Hmm...never really noticed it then...or maybe I have. I hear things rattle, but I always just assumed it was my coins in the center console, or shit in the glovebox or my phone charger under the center glovebox...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.