·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
37 Posts
exhaust

I actually just bought that exhaust for my 2.2 L LS. I can't wait to put it on and see how it sounds. hopefully it'll sound just as good, im curious to see how it sounds with the slightly smaller engine

did anyone on here install their exhaust themselves? is it really difficult? any obstacles that i need to be aware of?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm in love with it lol I'll put a clip up eventually when I have time now that I have the intake

·
Registered
55 Posts
I actually just bought that exhaust for my 2.2 L LS. I can't wait to put it on and see how it sounds. hopefully it'll sound just as good, im curious to see how it sounds with the slightly smaller engine
same for me. i'm debating whether to put the exhaust on now or wait until i get the header and downpipe. is it better to do them all at once or as i get the parts?

·
Registered
79 Posts
1)if you want to notice a difference in power do it all at once 2) your already down there taking the exhaust of why not go one step further....but you don't have to you could just do it as you get the parts

·
Registered
55 Posts
1)if you want to notice a difference in power do it all at once 2) your already down there taking the exhaust of why not go one step further....but you don't have to you could just do it as you get the parts
yea, i'm hoping to buy the header and downpipe with my tax refund. Still not sure though. every time i listen to the sound on the vid, it makes me want to put it on right now.

S

·
0 Posts
Im going to get a magnaflow exhaust w/ my tax refund check maybe more ill let u know how it sounds. ( i gave up on dual exhaust Y pipe style) or ill just go to lous custom exhaust like everyone else

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the comments guys!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ditto, I am decently impressed at the sound. Definitely not a ricer sound. I hate hearing that, especially when their sound begins to distort. But, the GMPP was smooth the whole time.
*glares at 85% of civic owners* stupid ricers. adding a huge/loud muffler/tip is not only retarded and annoying, but you actually lose HP (if you don't have turbo/supercharger). i'm glad most Cobalt owners realize this.

·
Registered
869 Posts
*glares at 85% of civic owners* stupid ricers. adding a huge/loud muffler/tip is not only retarded and annoying, but you actually lose HP (if you don't have turbo/supercharger). i'm glad most Cobalt owners realize this.
You know id almost try and be careful where you say that lol. Even though i love our cars, id be willing to be alot of people say we drive ricers just because its a 4cyl.

·
Registered
52 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
sounds great

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
sounds like my 2.0SC, mine is alittle different sounding but pretty like that. I have the extruded and honed manifold aswell.

Here is a short clip of what mine sounds like under accelleration, its not the best in sound quality but not bad, my car is not the black car obviously, this was during our club meet:

·
Registered
55 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.