Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about getting a GMPP touring exhaust but I was wondering if there was any difference between the GMPP touring exhaust and the GMPP performance exhaust other than the sound it makes? Also I was going to lower my car with the Eibach Pro Lowering Springs, would there be any problems with my car riding to low and causing damage to my exhaust system.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
no the only difference is sound, but i would recommend going to an exhaust shop and getting a custom exhaust. It will be MUCH cheaper and will do the same thing. Thats what i would do personally.

And as far as lowering your car, no you should be fine, but just realize that most cars after putting lowering springs on you will need to replace your shocks and struts within 1-2 years.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will the Eibach Pro Kit give me the additional clearance need to prevent the resonator from scrapping the asphalt.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
I was thinking about getting a GMPP touring exhaust but I was wondering if there was any difference between the GMPP touring exhaust and the GMPP performance exhaust other than the sound it makes? Also I was going to lower my car with the Eibach Pro Lowering Springs, would there be any problems with my car riding to low and causing damage to my exhaust system.
i have gmpp, and sportlines. and my resonator is huge, so it scrapes pretty easily. im just going to have it cut out though.
Like Scag said the resonators on the GMPP exhaust are pretty damn big. I have a corsa and it had a pretty big resonator as well. After i lowered on SSC springs (not ss/sc) It scaped a lot and ended up cracking. So i had a straight pipe welded in its place and it hasn't scraped sence!
Will the Eibach Pro Kit give me the additional clearance need to prevent the resonator from scrapping the asphalt.
Yes, but the pro kit really are not "lowering springs" IMO they are meant for people that want to keep stock ride height, but still have the stiffer spring rate.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
My resonator just barely scrapes on my driveway, but that's just MY driveway. Other than that its fine, I'm lowered on springs similar to sportlines. Love the sound of the performance edition.

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
My resonator just barely scrapes on my driveway, but that's just MY driveway. Other than that its fine, I'm lowered on springs similar to sportlines. Love the sound of the performance edition.
yeah, its really only on inclines. but driving at angles helps alleviate it. it just sucks to be that guy that slows eveyone down! :laugh:
and i couldnt agree more with snake on the sound!!!!

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
no the only difference is sound, but i would recommend going to an exhaust shop and getting a custom exhaust. It will be MUCH cheaper and will do the same thing. Thats what i would do personally.

And as far as lowering your car, no you should be fine, but just realize that most cars after putting lowering springs on you will need to replace your shocks and struts within 1-2 years.
thats what I did $115 for 2.25 bent and installed from the down pipe to the muffler and resonator gone

·
Registered
193 Posts
gmpp exhaust

I have the gmpp performance exhaust and lowered on sportlines .Like everyone else says the resanator is hudge i sometimes scrape .I hate to cut up this exhaust but most likely im going to have the resanator cut out and have a pipe put in its place

·
Say What again!
6,398 Posts
Ahh - another point to go with SS/TC springs instead of sportlines - as I, too, plan on installing the GMPP Touring exhaust, since it's like the least offensive exhaust I could find for the Cobalt.

·
Registered
298 Posts
In response to your original question, is there any other difference other than sound between a GMPP Touring Exhaust and a GMPP Performace Exhaust: The popular definition was the Touring Exhaust has a 'Sporty Tone' whlie the Performance Exhaust as a more 'Aggressive Sound. In a GM catalog they say this" 12 hp from GMPP Performance exhaust
Note: The GM Performance Exhaust System is constructed of T-304 stainless steel with mandrel bent tubing and features semi-polished S-type mufflers with two distinctive sounds: the Touring System has a "throaty purr", while the Performance System gives an "aggressive growl".

It does not say if the hp out put is different.

I like the way mine 'growls'.....

·
Banned
164 Posts
In response to your original question, is there any other difference other than sound between a GMPP Touring Exhaust and a GMPP Performace Exhaust: The popular definition was the Touring Exhaust has a 'Sporty Tone' whlie the Performance Exhaust as a more 'Aggressive Sound. In a GM catalog they say this" 12 hp from GMPP Performance exhaust
Note: The GM Performance Exhaust System is constructed of T-304 stainless steel with mandrel bent tubing and features semi-polished S-type mufflers with two distinctive sounds: the Touring System has a "throaty purr", while the Performance System gives an "aggressive growl".

It does not say if the hp out put is different.

I like the way mine 'growls'.....
i read that somewhere when i was looking into exhausts...i like the way mine 'growls' too lol

...and i'm lowered on sportlines and have GMPP performance exhaust. i've never scraped the resonator...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.