Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one have the performance GMPP exhaust and how much did it cost to get it installed?

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
#1 Cat-Back exhaust
#2 Intake

Check out www.crateenginedepot.com for all the GM goodies -- look on the left side of their webpage and click on Cobalt/G5 Parts.

Call Tom at CED 1-800-441-5150 and see if he has any GMPP performance exhaust deals left. You can install the exhaust yourself -- there are 2 bolts/nuts you have to remove, and you have to cut the original exhaust pipe in-two just above the rear axle assy. The new exhaust comes in three pieces and is held together with clamps.

There are several intakes available -- you're choice here -- I prefer the GMPP Performance Intake.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Red's got it. Git yourself a catback exhaust and then an intake setup. :)

Red: what did your GMPP touring exhaust sound like? why did you ditch it?

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
The GMPP Touring was just TOO quiet for me. I knew what the Performance sounded like....had it on my 06 LS but I wanted a little more for my SS/NA. I sold the touring exhaust to a YC.com member.

CED has the Random Technology 2 3/4" stainless steel exhaust so I decided to give it a try -- it is very deep and distinct. I like the sound of it. It might be too loud for some locations/cities.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm in college so money is a problem, but i just ordered the GMPP Performance exhaust. In a few weeks, i plan on getting the intake as well.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Are there any benefits of getting the GMPP exhaust over a Borla set up? Other than the benefit to my wallet lol.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Borla design the GMPP exhaust, so they are pretty much the same thing. Also GMPP cost alot less.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just installed the GMPP Performance Exhaust and it sounds great. It sounds nothing like a ricer. It was very simple to install took alittle over an hour. I installed it myself because dealership wanted $200 for installation.

·
Registered
55 Posts
What should the next thing i do to my cobalt in performance?
Read. then read some more. then read even more. nobody knows exactly what you want your cobalt to do. first set goals as to what you want performance-wise and read up on what can help you achieve those goals. not trying to come across as an ass, but it's really up to you to decide what you want your car to do.

*cough*Click Here*cough*

·
Registered
90 Posts
I just installed the GMPP Performance Exhaust and it sounds great. It sounds nothing like a ricer. It was very simple to install took alittle over an hour. I installed it myself because dealership wanted $200 for installation.
How does it sound compared to stock when you are cruising down the road??? If youre just driving down the road at 50 or 60 or whatever is it louder than stock or not noticeable.

Ive got the intake and its stupid loud when you get on it, but you cant even tell its there when your just cruisng along are accelerating slowly.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
When you are accelerating it is very noticeable. When when you are cruising it only a little louder and if you have windows up and radio on it is not that loud.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
The only negative part of the GMPP perf exhaust is when you are traveling ~70 MPH up and down steep grades (mountain/hilly areas) -- when you go up hill and the auto tranny drops a gear or overdrive the engine revs up and the exhaust gets loud. The GMPP Touring is better if you do a lot of high speed driving in mountainous/hilly areas. Other than that the GMPP perf exhaust sounds good.

jto2007 have you installed an intake yet? That should be your next mod. GMPP Perf intake looks good too. Exhaust mod you could move up to the SS/Sport manifold (Better) or the GMPP ext-honed exhaust manifold (best). Header is a personal choice, IMO you won't get the full benefit from a header on a 2.2 unless your goal is to try to squeeze every bit of HP out of it and money is no problem.

·
Registered
37 Posts
How does it sound compared to stock when you are cruising down the road??? If youre just driving down the road at 50 or 60 or whatever is it louder than stock or not noticeable.

Ive got the intake and its stupid loud when you get on it, but you cant even tell its there when your just cruisng along are accelerating slowly.
i have the GMPP performance exhaust and want to get an intake. What intake do you have on your car since you said its loud when you step on it?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.