Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
should i get this intake or should i get another intake

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that intake is just fine. nothing wrong with it. but i would prefer the k&n typhoon myself. it has a bigger inlet from the filter.it uses a cone to make a smoother transition for the air.
can u explain some of the differences between the two

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
think of a funnel. where the filter meets the heat shield/pipe the gmpp does not have it. with the k&n there is the funnel shaped ring that helps with smoother transition from the filter to the piping. pobably not much of a real world difference. but in theory you would think it would help a little. i think the k&n has a bigger filter too. but im not sure about that. apples and oranges really.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
think of a funnel. where the filter meets the heat shield/pipe the gmpp does not have it. with the k&n there is the funnel shaped ring that helps with smoother transition from the filter to the piping. pobably not much of a real world difference. but in theory you would think it would help a little. i think the k&n has a bigger filter too. but im not sure about that. apples and oranges really.
so the k&n can add more power and air than the gmpp

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Everyone is just going to tell you to get what they have.. An intake is an intake.. chose one, be happy, call it a day.. But DON"T go cheap.. You get what you pay for!

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
if your going to get an sri i would get one of the two mentioned earlier. but you could get the injen, and convert from sri to full cai anytime you want. nothing wrong with full cai on our cars imo, you would have to be submerded in water up to about the middle of the wheels to suck any serious water into the engine. but thats just my opinion.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Everyone is just going to tell you to get what they have.. An intake is an intake.. chose one, be happy, call it a day.. But DON"T go cheap.. You get what you pay for!
i definitely agree with that statement. hopefully you will find someone with an unbiased opinion, but i myself have chosen to go with the k&n.

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
i definitely agree with that statement. hopefully you will find someone with an unbiased opinion, but i myself have chosen to go with the k&n.
good choice. thats what i have. lol^^. i absolutely love it and have never thought about changing it.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
The GMPP intake is the best looking intake (IMO...LoL). BUT, it has a restriction built into it. The plastic inlet that mounts on the throttle body reduces to about 2 3/8" ID where it joins to the shiny tube. The K&N intake is almost 3" ID from start to finish.

·
Registered
186 Posts
couldnt have said it better...

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
bump

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered