Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
you may want to narrow down your question and use the search function, but the "difference" between GMPP and stock is suppose to be about 5-8 whps depending on your setup of exhaust and other parts.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
^^That...even though its pricey you get what you pay for...and that is a quality intake. That's the reason I kept the stock box IMO...easily acessable and not expensive...I went for a budget build...trying to get as many things done to this thing for under a grand...so far so good. Plus...I didn't have to worry about yanking apart the fenderwell plastic to install a CAI or spend a couple hundred bucks on something basically the same thing as what I got for the cost of K&N drop in and an hour sawing at the stock box. If I didn't care about money...then I'd get a GMPP Intake, GMPP Extrude Honed Manifold, LSJ Downpipe, and GMPP Performance Catback for flow mods.

·
Say What again!
6,036 Posts
The GMPP one is a nice piece - also retains factory warranty (though any cold air intake/SRI shouldn't void the warranty unless it physically ****ed your car up)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think i'm gonna buy this for my car because i dont want the dealership to void my warranty but in order for them to add the intake tomy car do i need to let the dealer install it so it wont void my warranty or could i install it with out voiding my warranty?

·
Registered
499 Posts
putting an intake of any kind will not void your whole warranty. for example, if you have a ridiculous shot of nitrous and you blow your motor then it's ovbiously not covered, but i'm positive basic bolt ons don't void your warranty.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
No, as long as you don't f*ck anything up during the install...which the only thing I could see happening is your damaging the MAF sensor...then no, it won't void anything.

·
Registered
382 Posts
The GMPP one is a nice piece - also retains factory warranty (though any cold air intake/SRI shouldn't void the warranty unless it physically ****ed your car up)
Any intake should retain factory powertrain warranty. Dont let dealers pull that line on you...

Injen would be my choice.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
trust me i've installed an intake on other car it's not the hard lol ij ust wanna be sure because you know how chevy is with all there bullcrap warranty talk

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Cobalt Education 101:

RE: GM Performance Parts -- read the back page of the GMPP catalog or GMPP warranty information.

Basically:

If you buy GMPP part and install it yourself (or pay someone to install it) = 1 year warranty on parts

If you buy GMPP part and have the dealer install it = 1 year warranty on parts and labor

If you buy GMPP part and have dealer install it BEFORE taking delivery of car = warranted with the basic car warranty

GMPP Parts don't affect warranty -- unless it specifically states the difference.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.