Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my tail lights tho. i decided to sand them down all the way to stock red so i can put a light vinyl tint on. was gonna try to sand them down to the tint i wanted but it wouldve took too long. this way is easier plus both tails will match. lol

i kinda like how it looks red tho..

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i felt like the tint was too dark for the cf trunk. im gonna re tint it tho but way lighter and with a vinyl. You didnt read the op??? i mentioned it there lol

·
Registered
455 Posts
i think you definitely need to tint them a little darker. cuz right now to me it looks a little funny because you almost have 3 colors going on. the tails are darker than the body, but not as dark as the trunk. i would give it a light tint so their still red, but duller and dont stand out as much. like i said though, just my 2 cents

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
if i do nightshades and dont get the tint i want or if it messes up trying to match the two, im gonna have to sand it all over again. dont want that to happen. plus before when i blacked em out, it was easier to do that

here are some further away pics i think it looks good

so what do you think??[

·
Banned
164 Posts
i actually dont think it looks bad with them like that...i do think a light tint would look sexaaayyy though...

but i've seen vinyl tint that looks like C.R.A.P! a friend of mine has it on his tails on his si, i think his problem was he didn't take the time to do it right and he got bubbles in it and all that happy stuff...but as long as it's done right (which seeing your stuff, thats not a problem for you lol) it'll look REALLY good! :)

can't wait to see!

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update!!!!! Tinted my tails. With 35% vinyl tint. Worked perfectly and I feel it's better than the nightshade. I've gotten pretty good with this stuff.

Tail on the left is untinted and the right tail is tinted

both tinted here

·
Registered
810 Posts
i swear in all of your pics your car looks orange to me.. soo im think u should paint it orange..lol :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
That is the best damn orange cobalt i've ever seen. Screw that sunburst orange, I want Cesars!

Nah, but really. The tails look pretty damn sweet with the light tint, the super dark was too much for me. Clashed with the cf lol.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.