Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got a text message the other day from a buddy of mine saying his brother wanted to go back to close to stock and possibly sell his car after, so I got to thinking and said why not... lets do it. So him and I are swapping for my supercharger and his turbo setup. GT30r here I come.

Will post up pics when it happens, could be like two weeks or so, but I am excited about it.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I would love to go turbo...
Too expensive for me at the moment lol :(

·
Registered
611 Posts
lucky!

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah it is going to be nice. Gonna be hard to get used to the lag of the turbo... but when she hits it will be nice. Said buddie made around 450whp on this setup lol. I will be taking it easy though, just trying to shoot for 400whp for right now... TVS did not work for that without a fully built and ported motor. oh well though... it will be missed.

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

Hey Zduece what turbo are you running on that setup you have?

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
i'd love to turbo my car, but unfortunatly the only turbos i can get my hands on for cheap weigh about as much as my car.

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
Yeah it is going to be nice. Gonna be hard to get used to the lag of the turbo... but when she hits it will be nice. Said buddie made around 450whp on this setup lol. I will be taking it easy though, just trying to shoot for 400whp for right now... TVS did not work for that without a fully built and ported motor. oh well though... it will be missed.

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

Hey Zduece what turbo are you running on that setup you have?
i gotta 50 trim garrett right now. used to have a 3076 but it got killeded:embarrest:

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not sure if you are familiar with the Gt30r... that is what is on the kit right now... might have to rebuild the turbo though

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
lol 30r is the same thing i had. the full name is 3076r usually. but yea im familiar with it.. its a big turbo and once it spools it kicks ridiculously

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That could be it lol I would have swore that it was a 3071r, but I know that 3076r is the bigger one...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.