Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Short version:

So while looking on craigslist I found a 2006 cobalt this guy was parting out,went over there to harvest all the parts I could and we got talking about his wife's cobalt. He goes on to tell me its got engine light on and stalls constantly......I checked codes with my trusty elm 327 and torque app to find tps and map codes,so I asked how his donor ran before its chain broke and he said fine just noisy. So I went in my trunk to get some tools swapped throttle body and map sensor,fired it up,and it ran like crap for the three minute relearn process. So we waited,shut it off for a minute,fired it up and Bobs your uncle it ran great. So he took it for a quick spin and when he came back he was so excited he looked at me smiling and said........wait for it......................"holy shit man,take whatever you want for FREEEEEEE "! So I did! Now I got all the parts I could ever use just sitting pretty in my garage,and if I need something else its only a couple blocks up the road!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Short version:

So while looking on craigslist I found a 2006 cobalt this guy was parting out,went over there to harvest all the parts I could and we got talking about his wife's cobalt. He goes on to tell me its got engine light on and stalls constantly......I checked codes with my trusty elm 327 and torque app to find tps and map codes,so I asked how his donor ran before its chain broke and he said fine just noisy. So I went in my trunk to get some tools swapped throttle body and map sensor,fired it up,and it ran like crap for the three minute relearn process. So we waited,shut it off for a minute,fired it up and Bobs your uncle it ran great. So he took it for a quick spin and when he came back he was so excited he looked at me smiling and said........wait for it......................"holy shit man,take whatever you want for FREEEEEEE "! So I did! Now I got all the parts I could ever use just sitting pretty in my garage,and if I need something else its only a couple blocks up the road!
the parts u have are from a 2006 cobalt ....Base, LT, SS?....:amazed:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Base 2.2

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
I need shroud on the bottom of the steering wheel hook me up with that! Is the interior ivory?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The lighter color? Of yes then,yes.

·
Registered
47 Posts
lucky you!! I once jumped started this lady that was stranded on the parking and when I was all done she just took off without saying thanks or goodbye....

·
Registered
583 Posts
lucky you!! I once jumped started this lady that was stranded on the parking and when I was all done she just took off without saying thanks or goodbye....
:laugh: THAT!!!! Sucks !! Lmao!!!!! And some people wonder why aren't there good samaritans no more!!....but oh well there is some good people out there still !.....

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Last winter my grandfather and I shovelled out a guys car stuck in a snow bank at the bottom of his driveway. After he got out the only thing he said was "get off my property" and drove off.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lol,I would've started packing snow back under his car!

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Or at least smash one of his headlights with the shovel.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.