Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Gawd of Thunda!
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys with my new mods for the winter I am going to redo my Switches in my car, it seems like every mod I do i need to add another switch. So I was wondering if you guys know where I can find good switches that maybe light up or something? And best place to put them?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hey guys with my new mods for the winter I am going to redo my Switches in my car, it seems like every mod I do i need to add another switch. So I was wondering if you guys know where I can find good switches that maybe light up or something? And best place to put them?
I have mine hidden in the little cubby hole. For that clean look

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts

·
Gawd of Thunda!
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I like these switches, and they are good quality. As long as you use a relay any switch will do though, more of an aesthetic thing really.
ORACLE LED Switches
what's the price on those? I cant see any

---------- Post added at 09:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

Hmm anyone know where to get these ones but with ought the need of relays?

LED Indicator Push Button Switch | Switches | Installation Supplies | Installation/Power Supplies/Misc | Super Bright LEDs

EDIT: Found some but 10$ a switch! My gawd thats expensive. Thinking of putting all of my leds on 1 switch instead of 3, so I'll have my cup holder leds my footwell leds and my vent leds on one switch and then I will have two more for my headlight setup

Anyone use these before?

http://www.oznium.com/anti-vandal-led-switch

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
That's a 3Amp switch, how much current draw does your LEDs pull. Do you light-up all of North Bay? You only need a relay if you're going to exceed 80% of the rated current value. So 2.4 amps safely.

·
Gawd of Thunda!
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's a 3Amp switch, how much current draw does your LEDs pull. Do you light-up all of North Bay? You only need a relay if you're going to exceed 80% of the rated current value. So 2.4 amps safely.
Yeah but it looks Nice, I know I don't needthat many amps, but it's the only switch in that style XD

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you're not sure the current draw on your LED, you may as well install a relay. there only a couple bucks and it might save you from a short or or even save your switch from overheating. Generally LEDs don't produce high amperage but rather be safe then sorry. But on the other hand, I have installed a lot of switches before I even knew what I relay was for.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
This whole new 15 meter reel only pulls 1.26

·
Gawd of Thunda!
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you're not sure the current draw on your LED, you may as well install a relay. there only a couple bucks and it might save you from a short or or even save your switch from overheating. Generally LEDs don't produce high amperage but rather be safe then sorry. But on the other hand, I have installed a lot of switches before I even knew what I relay was for.
It's not a matter of amps... I am only looking for nice looking switches, no need for relays, they are leds.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.