Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so I was talking to one of the car audio guys over at the best buy i work at and i was asking what he would recommend i get for my car. he started off tellin me one system then when i told him i listened to only rock he suggested this and im wondering what anybody who knows much about audio systems has to say:
2x 6.5's front speakers (infinity kappas)
2x 6x9 rear speakers (infinity kappas)
1x Alpine 4/3/2 4 Channel amp- F300
1x Alpine m500 mono amp
2x Kenwood 12" subs w3012
Quest ported box
Dual 4awg amp kit
1 set twisted pair rca cable

I dont know a ton of car audio but he said this would be a great kit and with my discount would be under $500. any good?
ANd would the radio i got in there still be good cuz i got my xm thats standard in there

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
thats great, go for it!
Awsome price

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how hard would the install be? im not good at audio but i can figure shit out

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
hardest part would to be install door speakers to me. only for the fact idk how to take off the door panels. the rear deck is fairly easy to take off. and if those subs are dual voice coil make sure you wire them up right

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
care to make a how to? I got a few weeks to go b4 i get it so i wanna figure it out b4 then

·
Registered
1,442 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
i'm not sure on how to hook up speakers to amps. thats where my knowledge fails...sorry man.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i was told each can take almost 500.
and would i need a new radio>

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
yeah each could take about 500, but you can't run 500 watts off of that amp because you have two 4ohm subs. you can only wire those subs in 1ohm *which your amp can't handle* or 2ohm.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
and i would HIGHLY suggest and aftermarket radio. a lot more control on how the tuning is

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok. and the radio, what should i get?

·
Registered
455 Posts
i was told each can take almost 500.
and would i need a new radio>
you wouldnt need a new radio, but the sound quality would obviously get a lot better. but you could still run it off the stock head unit

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wut would u suggest?

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
well how much are you looking to spend? and do you have an ipod? and do you want bluetooth, LCD screen, USB drive, or auxiliary cable. it just all depends on what you want it to do. i'd say go alpine because Best Buy carries it, you get the discount, and they tend to have all kinds of goodies with their H/Units. Most come with iPod capability and auxiliary ports so you can add an mp3, laptop, or w/e

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i got my ipod all the time and use it, i need my xm to work in it. thats the big thing

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
alright. let me look somethin up for ya real swift like

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
k thanks

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
oh...do you want a screen to play movies and stuff?

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
eh idc, can ya pick one for yes and one for no

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
1 - 20 of 64 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.