Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Good system?

7K views 63 replies 13 participants last post by  warrenb213 
#1 ·
Alright, so I was talking to one of the car audio guys over at the best buy i work at and i was asking what he would recommend i get for my car. he started off tellin me one system then when i told him i listened to only rock he suggested this and im wondering what anybody who knows much about audio systems has to say:
2x 6.5's front speakers (infinity kappas)
2x 6x9 rear speakers (infinity kappas)
1x Alpine 4/3/2 4 Channel amp- F300
1x Alpine m500 mono amp
2x Kenwood 12" subs w3012
Quest ported box
Dual 4awg amp kit
1 set twisted pair rca cable

I dont know a ton of car audio but he said this would be a great kit and with my discount would be under $500. any good?
ANd would the radio i got in there still be good cuz i got my xm thats standard in there

#2 ·
thats great, go for it!
Awsome price

#3 ·
how hard would the install be? im not good at audio but i can figure shit out

#4 ·
hardest part would to be install door speakers to me. only for the fact idk how to take off the door panels. the rear deck is fairly easy to take off. and if those subs are dual voice coil make sure you wire them up right

#5 ·
care to make a how to? I got a few weeks to go b4 i get it so i wanna figure it out b4 then

#6 ·
#8 ·
i was told each can take almost 500.
and would i need a new radio>

#12 ·
you wouldnt need a new radio, but the sound quality would obviously get a lot better. but you could still run it off the stock head unit

#7 ·
i'm not sure on how to hook up speakers to amps. thats where my knowledge fails...sorry man.

#9 ·
yeah each could take about 500, but you can't run 500 watts off of that amp because you have two 4ohm subs. you can only wire those subs in 1ohm *which your amp can't handle* or 2ohm.

#10 ·
and i would HIGHLY suggest and aftermarket radio. a lot more control on how the tuning is

#11 ·
ok. and the radio, what should i get?

#13 ·
wut would u suggest?

#14 ·
well how much are you looking to spend? and do you have an ipod? and do you want bluetooth, LCD screen, USB drive, or auxiliary cable. it just all depends on what you want it to do. i'd say go alpine because Best Buy carries it, you get the discount, and they tend to have all kinds of goodies with their H/Units. Most come with iPod capability and auxiliary ports so you can add an mp3, laptop, or w/e

#15 ·
i got my ipod all the time and use it, i need my xm to work in it. thats the big thing

#16 ·
alright. let me look somethin up for ya real swift like

#17 ·
k thanks

#18 ·
oh...do you want a screen to play movies and stuff?

#19 ·
eh idc, can ya pick one for yes and one for no

#20 ·
#21 ·
yeah i can prob get that for about 80-120.

#22 ·
#24 ·
but he gets the employee discount

#25 ·
yeah the discount helps a ton

#26 ·
you gotta remember w/ aftermarket decks that say they are xm ready though you still have to buy an additional adapter for it. you cant just plug your xm right into the stereo. when i got my pioneer head unit i had to spend another 100 bucks for the xm receiver. when the deck says its "satellite ready" that just means that you can spend the money for the receiver

#27 ·
so i just need one that'll play my xm and ipod and cds and will work with the system. but just leave me posts, gotta get ready for work then go work from 1230-830. WOOT FOR 8 HOUR SHIFTS. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.