Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My dad and I finally got the extra car that we've been looking for.
This only went on the lot on the 17th.

So that we cut back on the miles on ours since i put 16K a year on mine and i already have 6400 and had I only had the car 4 months and try to keep the miles off both mine and the 05 Monte since GM no longer has any front wheel drive 2 door cars that we like since stoping the Cobalt now and the Monte in 07.

So we'll take turns using the 06 Monte sine we both drive 40 miles a day for work.

It's a 06 Laser Blue, Monte, 42k, GM Certified, & we got the 3 year 36K bumper to bumper extended warenty.

Here are pics from today after Wash, Buff and wax.
The swirl marks and fine scratches are gone and it shines like new. It does not look like it's almost 5 years old.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks. The Laser Blue really looks good in the sun.

We just took it on a 250 mile drive today and it's like a new car.

We just need to get the 05 ride like this one does with the OE shocks.
The 05 we have Sensatracs on and after about 25k they ride like crap. So we will be chaging them back to oe shocks.

Also it makes a clunking noise when hitting bumps or turning the wheels that can be felt through the steering wheel and the floor.
It's been doing it for a few years and dealers can never find anything wrong.
This started before we had Monroe do the shocks in 07.

·
Registered
931 Posts
always like those

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks.
After i buff it and wax it this weekend i'll get some more pics. My dad was nice enough to let me drive it this week and I love it.
Were going to switch back and forth to keep the miles off mine and our 05 VR Monte that i'll use next week.

I want to get mine down to a 1000 a month. As of last week i was over that by 2500.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.