Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend and i just adopted a new dog from the local pound that was a stray. Shes a 6 month old English Mastiff with a brindle coat. Shes really well behaved, doesnt jump around or bark or anything either, we're so happy to be getting her lol. Only problem with her is we have to leave her at her dads for a few months till we get a place with a yard, seeing as she'll probably grow 75-125 lbs in the next year or two depending on her genes lol. Heres some pics:

She kept looking at the camera until i clicked the pic and she'd turn away lol. Now i need ya'lls help with a name...i want it to be a strong girls name since she is a mastiff. Any suggestions r welcome :bigsmile:

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Cute. Oh and the dog too lol

Is she spayed already?

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

If you have any questions on training or anything medical with your dog you can pm me or post ur question here

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Cute. Oh and the dog too lol

Is she spayed already?

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

If you have any questions on training or anything medical with your dog you can pm me or post ur question here
Lol thanks man. yea she got spayed when the shelter got her, like 3 days ago i think. we were going to get her today but she had an absess or something and had a lil bit of puss at the sit where they spayed her. could that become a problem later? they kept her for today to get her fixed up first, but im worried it might turn into an infection later or something. shes also had her rabbi vaccine and the pound is going to do all her shots and stuff and a microchip for only 60 bucks. pretty damn good deal for what looks like a purebreed since it usually would cost up to 1000.

i think we'll be feeding her blue buffalo. shes a lil skinny right now, but not unhealthy. yea she'll definitely grow a lot lol she already is up to my gfs hip (shes 5'5") and is about a 1/3 the size she could become lol.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Sometimes the spay incision wil abcess if the dog was licking the area. It shouldn't be a problem once the infection is gone. The abcess forms when the area gets infected and the puss has nowhere to go. But $60 bucks is a good deal. We charge $30 per vaccine. Lol

·
Registered
489 Posts
Love the colors!! Getting pets from the shelter is FTW!!! They are all happy to see you its an awesome experience!

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
how about richochet or sable?

nice dog by the way! I love when people get sheltered pets
Love the colors!! Getting pets from the shelter is FTW!!! They are all happy to see you its an awesome experience!
yea we like going to the shelter every few weeks just to say hi, and just fell in love with this one and cant pass her up lol

Sometimes the spay incision wil abcess if the dog was licking the area. It shouldn't be a problem once the infection is gone. The abcess forms when the area gets infected and the puss has nowhere to go. But $60 bucks is a good deal. We charge $30 per vaccine. Lol
thats good to hear, kinda worried me when we got there today. yea its a hell of a deal, cant wait to pick her up tomorrow :)

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
She's gonna be an expensive tho. Take good care of her. Make sure she's on flea and tick prevention and on heartworm prevention too. The heartworm prevention helps keep her from getting worms in the heart and parasites. Do you know what vaccines she got? Did you any papers that says that?

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
sable is pretty sweet not gunna lie... idk why that name came to my mind
i like sable, we'll put that on the list for sure

She's gonna be an expensive tho. Take good care of her. Make sure she's on flea and tick prevention and on heartworm prevention too. The heartworm prevention helps keep her from getting worms in the heart and parasites. Do you know what vaccines she got? Did you any papers that says that?
only papers i have r for the rabbi vaccine, but i think they'll give me the ones for the rest of her shots tomorrow. i think they said they give them like 5 or 6 shots? does that sound right? yea, she'll definitely be spoiled though, i already bought her some fresh fruit and veggies and some raw chicken to mix with her dry dog food. shes a lil skinny for her age, so hopefully she'll get some more meat on her soon

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.