Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yay! finally got my intake upgraded, no more Spectre short ram intake that doesnt sit quite right and have jumpy idle some times.

I finally got all my parts in and am now running a full Fujita F5 cold air intake :bigsmile: pics!

BEFORE

AFTER!!!

Also decided to do a couple dark shots with the lights on

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
and the new filter is dry flow. I just ordered a K&N drycharger for it so help prevent hydrolocking, had to go with that brand and type bc of the size of the fujita filter, should get it next week

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mmhmm havent gotten a chance to drive it yet, about to leave for work, may leave a little early, just for fun

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no, if you look at the pic just before the night shots, you can see in the bottom left corner the light is in, the intake is run through a hole and underneath where the headlight is, it does not affect the headlight at all, i just had to take the headlight out so i could see what i was doing and get everything mounted properly. The spot where the piping and filter are run down into the bumper is where the stock silencer is for the stock cobalt intake, which i took out when i first got the car

·
Registered
72 Posts
do you like the Cold air better then the short ram? i have the Injen one that can do either. Right now its cold air but i need to put a hydro shield on it because well i don't want to really risk it.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I love your Fujita/Custom intake mod, that was pretty clever of you and its well done!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah i got a hydroshield but it is too small, haha, so im waiting for my drycharger to arrive, same thing just made by K&N not Injen. And i am definitely noticing a difference from short ram. With short ram the car just had a little more beef, but now when im accelerating, and my rpms start to get high i can feel the car surge with the extra power. SRI has low end gains, moslty initial acceleration, where CIA has top end gains for higher rpm.

And the fujita f5 originally stuck to the stock tubing, replacing the airbox, but i grabbed a spectre intake kit and cut the aluminum pipe down about 5 inches or so, then fit it up with blue couplers. So its a fujita f5 but its partially custom lol the fujita f5 piping and mounts and dry flow filter was 150, and the spectre parts were about 40 or so, so a full CIA new for <200$. The only thing is that elbow is stinkin plastic, couldnt find a 90 degree aluminum piece, but the rest is aluminum.

looks good, bet it feels better too
Thats what she said haha

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

I love your Fujita/Custom intake mod, that was pretty clever of you and its well done!
Thank you! I almost messed up bc that middle aluminum custom piece was too big, but i cut it down and it turned out great! no leaks, no codes. Though the idle still jumps sometimes when i start it up, which it did with the SRI, and ive heard some others with aftermarket intake having the same thing. It never stalls though

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
That's delicious no homo

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Theyre 12 or 15 inch LED strips, bought them on ebay for like 2 bucks a piece shipped, ran the wires and stuck them where they cant be seen. Theyre just liek the LED strips you can buy from autozone.

ALSO. I popped a CEL this morning while driving to the swap meet at my county fairgrounds. Im pretty sure its the intake but im going to get the code checked hopefully when i get off work, gotta go cross town to autozone thats open till ten. i dont have a way to check codes myself.

Idk what i should do if its the intake uncless check and make sure i put the MAF sensor in the right way, i never had a CEL with my oiled filter on my Spectre SRI, so this is wierd bc that filter isnt oiled... and i drove all yesterday with no engine light. Once i know what the specific code is im going to disconnect the battery when i get home and see if it will stay off...

Any ideas? ill update when i know the code

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
Theyre 12 or 15 inch LED strips, bought them on ebay for like 2 bucks a piece shipped, ran the wires and stuck them where they cant be seen. Theyre just liek the LED strips you can buy from autozone.

ALSO. I popped a CEL this morning while driving to the swap meet at my county fairgrounds. Im pretty sure its the intake but im going to get the code checked hopefully when i get off work, gotta go cross town to autozone thats open till ten. i dont have a way to check codes myself.

Idk what i should do if its the intake uncless check and make sure i put the MAF sensor in the right way, i never had a CEL with my oiled filter on my Spectre SRI, so this is wierd bc that filter isnt oiled... and i drove all yesterday with no engine light. Once i know what the specific code is im going to disconnect the battery when i get home and see if it will stay off...

Any ideas? ill update when i know the code
Let us know what the code is.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
p0107, he said his code reader said 02 sensor.

i checked a DTC list i found on the internet and it said - Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) Sensor Circuit Low Voltage

oh yeah, and i got a ticket for speeding trying to get there before they closed..... fail

searched for our list, forgot about it - P0107 Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit Low Input

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

the ticket was for 54 in a 35, and stupid ticket price is up from when i got my first one

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.