Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
You can still get a turbo Miata but it's called a Fiat Spider. 1.4l Turbo same engine as the Dart.

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
See mazda got the stock suspension right. I just can never wrap my head atound why cobalt suspension is si high like its gonna be a FWD off roading vehicle. But anyway just curoius if you bought it in manual or auto?
6 speed manual...Had to learn how to drive all over again lol People keep asking me if I lowered it already and are shocked when I tell them its bone stock. Compared to my mothers NC miata the Speed suspension sits about an inch lower than the 'base' models.

·
Registered
134 Posts
6 speed manual...Had to learn how to drive all over again lol People keep asking me if I lowered it already and are shocked when I tell them its bone stock. Compared to my mothers NC miata the Speed suspension sits about an inch lower than the 'base' models.
Hahaha that funny, but i started driving a manual about a year ago when i got my 1st car and if i dont drive for about 2 weeks or so i just lose the rythm and begin stalling all over again 😂😂 hopefully it'll become 2nd nature soon

·
Registered
134 Posts
Not driving for 2 weeks? That's a thing? I think the longest I went without driving since I got my license was 2 days haha
Well im in college and my parents didnt let me have my car so 😐 but ill take it at some point...

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
So Ifinally got around to doing my clutchand flywheel. Turns out it was my pilot bearing. Fricken thing was shredded to pieces. Good togo now with a flyin miata stage 1 clutch and lightweight flywheel combo..

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
nice car man! congrats to you good sir!

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Unfortunately I did it before I changed the clutch and flywheel, but I also put her on a dynojet to see what kind of power I'm getting stock. My best pull (in 5th gear) was 156.70 hp and 148.03 tq bone stock. I put in the flyin Miata stage 1 clutch and lightweight flywheel last weekend. and I plan on installing the 'little enchilada' kit from flying Miata as well. They claim that it should get you to 200 whp fairly reliably. We'll see tho. I'll put it back on the dyno after I install everything.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Nice car, you and I have the same wheels!

Although mine had to be machined to fit

·
Registered
120 Posts
Why?? They are fairly light weight for a 17 inch wheel

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Oh yeah, they are light, but I just hate how they look, and they are super skinny! I don't like running anything less than 8 inches wide

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Went cruising around the north shore for awhile this afternoon and snapped a couple pics...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Whats that hanging out the front bumper? Is it for when the car needs to be pulled iut or something from a ditch? Just curious, but the car looks slick by the way

·
Registered
120 Posts
Car looks great man, and yeah they are only 7 inches wide. You could probably squeeze a 225 tire on there but thats as wide as i would be willing to push it. You could always buy some 6UL wheels. I know a ton of miata guys run those.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.