Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, new catback came in Sat., so Sun morning I was under my car going to work. Installed new exhaust with minimal problems. The only problem I have is that now I'm getting a horrible spell from the exhaust that people can sufficate on. I gotta drive with the a/c on otherwise the spell with come in the car. The only thing I did was spray wd40 on the bolts on the catback. When I got the old exhaust off I sprayed wd40 around the factory pipe that the new one was going to bolt upto, so that the gasket would seal completely, well some wd40 went into the pipe.

Is this what I'm spelling? Burnt wd40. Does anyone know if it'll pass after a couple days?

Any advice would be a great help. Thanks

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
It's normal. The smell is coming from the new resonator and muffler. It will go away after a few days of driving..or after a lllooonnnggg road trip.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Smell > spell

·
Registered
88 Posts
My spelling is better than your smelling...

Yeah thats normal after a new exhaust install...mine went away after about a week.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Had the same thing, just put on a magnaflow catback and it stunk for about 350 km's but no worries it goes away.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm just saying the same thing... the guys from createenginedepot says the coat thier exhausts in a light oil that will durn off in a couple of days. Had the same thing when I put mine on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.