Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It really hasn't made too much of a difference with my radio. Sometimes the radio does fade off, but if I move my car up seriously a few inches, it will get clear again. Although, I may have neglected to replace hardware that came with the new antenna, so that may be the problem...

Also here are the pics of the emblems blacked out. This pretty much completes my plans, lol. At this point, not worth expensive mods.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha! It's the plate and I didn't do it, promise! ;)
I actually tried to put on a new frame but it wouldn't fit over the f-ed up plate

Wait, unless you are referring to the Subaru?

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Oh so clean car! I like. I think he does mean the Subaru license plate frame on your balt. I got a ford one on mine :/

Sent from my PG86100

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
wooo!!!! go ford plates lol.

i've been thinking of doing this myself but was wondering on the signal problems. You may have convinced me.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
I never let car dealership post free ads on my cars. If they want their stickers or plate frames on my car they can pay me or keep 'em. The first thing I do when I buy a car is peel their dealership sticker usually before I leave their lot.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
My friend told them when he got his to remove the sticker and they kicked up a big fuss and we ended up taking it off.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
i'll probably get another frame sooner or later, thank jebus mine didnt come with any stickers.

---------- Post added at 09:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

wooo!!!! go ford plates lol.

i've been thinking of doing this myself but was wondering on the signal problems. You may have convinced me.
I got my MPX shorty antenna and i really haven't noticed any difference. Might be because i live in NYC and there's probably antennas everywhere

·
Registered
675 Posts
ill be ordering the ARK shorty soon :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'll be getting one of them soon, someone decided to steal my antenna after owning the car for 2 days. I was worried about reception but I guess a little bit is alot better than hearing static 80% of the time.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yep! Really easy. It just unscrews. Haha!

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Some you might need a pair of vicegrips, I know the old lady's G5 didn't want to budge. A few twists of le ol grips got it off though.

Also, I got my ARK on EBay, as most of the sites I found to have them on back-order. Plus, they were cheaper.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
i agree with bluegtp with the good look* :bigsmile:

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

mine was the biggest paint in the ass, my antenna bracket broke off in the trunk (had to ziptie it when got it all together). I need a new one now lol

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

my dropbox is acting retarded right now. Was gonna show a picture of the rusted screw where the antenna is held which caused my problems.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My ARK shorty works like stock, looks great IMO.

Oooh your car is sexy! I like your antenna better, but I did only pay $15 for mine, lol

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

Think I'm going to mess with it today to see if that hardware it came with makes a difference. Well, that is if I can figure out how it is supposed to go on ;)

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
now that beamer sold my fav cobalt on this site, I have now decided bluegtp's car is my fav

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don't know if I have a favorite... There was one blue car that I constantly looked at on here, but don't remember their name.

A lot of people on this site have put a lot of work into their cobalts though, and I like the majority of them :)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
prolly a stupid question but it unscrews from the inside trunk area right? And you just grab the antenna post and unscrew it?
Just grab it from the top and unscrew :) I didn't even find anything on the interior of my trunk that looks like it connected to the antenna.

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

Scratch that - I may be wrong... I took a second look under the trunk and found the connection. But no idea how to get that part off. I bet this will fix my problem if I can get it!

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

Ok guys, I put like half of the hardware on it cause I couldn't see where the left over parts (pictured) fit. but now part of the screw is showing, it looks like maybe it's supposed to, but idk. Radio sounds perfectly find though.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.