Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I finally got tired of using rentals and got myself a used snowboard, bindings and boots...

Total cost me $155, board is BARELY used in awesome condition, bindings are as well and boots are in pretty decent condition too. That along with my free season pass at MT Creek, definitely taking advantage of :)

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
craigslist, some kid got it as a present and he went boarding like 5 times and said he sucks at it so he's not interested anymore, gave up the board and bindings for 120 and I got used boots from another dude for 35

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
look on craigslist bro, north jersey isn't that far from you and there are a lot of decent boards and binding combos raging from 100-300

·
Registered
381 Posts
Looks like a decent beginner's setup. I'd dial back the angle on that front binding a bit, though. Shit looks like it's 45 degrees :laugh:

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Whats the relationship to the rider, how does angle affect performance/ comfort? Sorry I've only been on rentals :embarrest:.

Mini hi-jack, I've been searching a little bit and I just want to see what you guys think. I'm 5' 9", free ride, and weigh 150lbs- I'm thinking 156cm length for me, thats what some conversions estimate as well. Id do minor jumps and little stunts though- no ramps.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Shorter boards typically give you better control during tricks, but you lose out on high-speed stability. A 156-158 is likely good for a rider your height. I'm just about 5'8" and I ride a 156. Basic rule of thumb is that the board, when sitting on the floor, should come up between your chin and your nose.

As for binding angles, they act as a baseline for your stance. Basically, your binding angles affect your range of motion, which matters depending on what type of riding you're going to do. A duck-foot angle (positive front, negative rear) provides good all around control, but they can't be extreme - too much and you limit your knees' range of motion, thereby risking SERIOUS injury.

I typically run 15 deg front and -10 deg rear, maybe a little more depending on how much park I'm going to ride. Heavy duty park riders go for a much more aggressive stance (i.e. 25 deg front, -20 deg rear), but I find you lose some high-speed control doing that.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Sure man, I'll be online. Figure about 10pm EST or so.

...Ok, back on topic :laugh:

Ramphex, if you have any questions I'm happy to answer. Going on a decade of experience.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
no questions really, thanks though.... and yeah good tips for size of the board there, shorter for faster response and good if you do parks and longer are better for high speed freestyle... depends on what you do, this board is 153cm and I'm 5'9 so it's right where I want it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.