Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a Pontiac Solstice by a good bit on Saturday. I think he missed a gear... my LS should not have beat him unless he either can't drive or missed a gear.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I got a Pontiac Solstice by a good bit on Saturday. I think he missed a gear... my LS should not have beat him unless he either can't drive or missed a gear.
Well if it wasnt the GXP then its almost the same motor, his only advantage would be a couple hundred pounds. Thats a drivers race then, and you were the better driver. Nice one!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Pretty cool little cars...I sat in one (Saturn Sky) at the Motor Trend auto show but it was too small for me. I really like the body lines and LNF powerplant but someone my height needs atleast Corvette interior room for a daily driver and something like a GTO to be truly comfortable.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Blackbalt - how tall are you? I'm 6'2" and the fit is a little tight in the balt but not that bad.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Ive taken a yellow one too. I wont mess with the gxp tho.
Yea...that damn thing is a beast. I had a GXP guy try to get me to run him in my SS/NA. I rolled my window down and said i wasnt going to waste the gas just to see his rear end.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Blackbalt - how tall are you? I'm 6'2" and the fit is a little tight in the balt but not that bad.
I'm 6'3", about 210 lbs. I was ok in the Balt with the stock seat at full down adjustment but I got the Corbeau bucket seat that dropped me another couple inches down the chassis so I have tons of head room now. Also, the mounting brackets from Corbeau are further back in the car at full back adjustment than the stock Balt seats are. I think I'm on the 2nd notch up from the back but move to the 3rd from the back to get closer to the wheel when I'm driving a twisty road.

BlackBalt added 1 Minutes and 32 Seconds later...

Yea...that damn thing is a beast. I had a GXP guy try to get me to run him in my SS/NA. I rolled my window down and said i wasnt going to waste the gas just to see his rear end.
You should have, just to see that sexy hydroformed-sheetmetal body.

·
Registered
869 Posts
You should have, just to see that sexy hydroformed-sheetmetal body.
You may have a point lol. I test drove a new GXP days before i got my balt. That thing will run hard off the line for a turbo. And you can feel the horses all through the powerband, i was shifting constantly. Lot of fun to drive, and with a surprising amount of room for someone whos 6'1" at 190. I just couldnt afford it:(.

·
Registered
230 Posts
You may have a point lol. I test drove a new GXP days before i got my balt. That thing will run hard off the line for a turbo. And you can feel the horses all through the powerband, i was shifting constantly. Lot of fun to drive, and with a surprising amount of room for someone whos 6'1" at 190. I just couldnt afford it:(.
My fiancees dad and his soon to be wife own a plastics fabrication company and she wants to buy an S2000. I was talking to her about how a GXP Solstice is more bang for the buck and IMO, and it has one of the sexiest looking bodies on the market. Just looking under the hood at all that foam cast aluminum and fancy turbo plumbing is enough to make any car guy drool.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well.... if you REALLY want to go fast, get the Dodge Challenger. Best bet is to wait for the new motor though. Right now it comes with the 6.1 liter HEMI. Rumor has it that it will be out in a 7.4L "SuperHEMI". Somwhere to the tune of 600+ horsepower from the factory. I'd say thats bang... and a lot of bucks, too, I'm sure.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Well.... if you REALLY want to go fast, get the Dodge Challenger. Best bet is to wait for the new motor though. Right now it comes with the 6.1 liter HEMI. Rumor has it that it will be out in a 7.4L "SuperHEMI". Somwhere to the tune of 600+ horsepower from the factory. I'd say thats bang... and a lot of bucks, too, I'm sure.
Yea but no 6-speed manual, in fact no manual option at all. sure 425chp is great, but at 4150 pounds? it has a 0-60 time of 4.9? WTF. Oh and lets not forget that sticker is 40 grand. Considering you could get a GTO or, dare i say mustrang (shudder) for way cheaper with comparable performance (better performance in the GTO's case). I feel a big flop coming on with the Challenger.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Considering all of the Challengers were sold before they hit the lots.... I don't think that qualifies as 'flop'. They are a memory of the reckless years for people like my mom. She had a 1970 Challenger, and is interested in this new one. Those are the main first buyers for this car. People like my mom. When the next batch comes out, they will target them for a new generation of racers.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Considering all of the Challengers were sold before they hit the lots.... I don't think that qualifies as 'flop'. They are a memory of the reckless years for people like my mom. She had a 1970 Challenger, and is interested in this new one. Those are the main first buyers for this car. People like my mom. When the next batch comes out, they will target them for a new generation of racers.
Just because things sell doesnt mean people dont eventually realize it was a bad idea. All the Germans thought the Holocaust was a good idea too and bought into it. Doesnt mean they dont regret it. People will find out soon enough that they paid way too much money for another overrated Dodge (Charger) thats as heavy as its sedan counterpart. Theres nothing new other than lack of doors.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nothing will ever compare to old school muscle. I know that. However, I would rather have that than any of the new Honda/Toyota/[insert shitty foreign car] on the market today. The only true advantage that the foreign cars have over the big three is fuel mileage, and even that gap is shrinking. Dodge has long had the strongest stock motors on the market, however, their trannies can never manage to put that power to the road. Especially in the case of the HEMI and the Cummins Diesels.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.