Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talk about a hell of a night...i was doing deliveries at work for Dominos and i get pulled over. Im thinking no big deal, i wasnt speeding and didnt run any lights, so im curious as to y im getting pulled over. Comes to my window, asks for license and insurance and then tells me im getting pulled over for an expired tag. Well i knew it was expired, but my new ones were at my parents house about 45 mins away.

Well i told him that, and he said that if i can call my dad and get the numbers off it then he'll let me go. So he goes to check my license and stuff and i call my dad and get the info. Well im sitting there for a lil while, wondering y he's taking so long. Next a 2nd police officer shows up, and im thinking wtf is this about?!

Then he asks me to step out of the car, and im like WTF?! He says that im being arrested and asked wat the hell for, and he said i have a suspension on my license for an unpaid ticket!!...im pretty much shitting my pants now cuz ive never been in any kind of trouble and definitely never been arrested. So he cuffs me and puts in the back of his car, and tells me which ticket its for. Well 1st the ticket was from a different county, and 2nd i ALREADY PAID IT!!

Long story short, he takes me to jail, i post bond of 329 to pay my driving under suspension ticket and tomorrow im going to OKC to find out who the hell ****ed up and lost my ticket payment. Worst part is i dont think i kept the receipt so im prolly gonna have to pay it again...talk about a miserable night...

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
That is a bummer, ran into a kinda similar sit back in 1995 in Tulsa when I tried to get my license transferred from New Mexico back to OK. They asked if I had any violations and I said I did not and my record came back as suspended due to an unpaid ticket in 1993. I had been pulled over twice since then and nothing, now that.
It was from a ticket I thought was a warning since the cop did not make me sign the ticket. Got a leter from the New Mexico DMV and everything was good (3 weeks later).

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
thats why you pay all your tickets, and keep the receipts. but that's sum ****ed up shit

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
cant assume... you know what it means... haha keep receipts for EVERYTHING. stuff like groceries unless ur missing sumtin u can chuck that haha

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cant assume... you know what it means... haha keep receipts for EVERYTHING.
yea, makes an ass out of u and me...lol. ill definitely be keeping them from now on. thing is the ticket was from almost 6 months ago, so im pretty sure i just threw it away after a few months cuz i didnt think it was an issue.

·
Registered
248 Posts
thats how a lot of druggies and people with warrants get caught...they get pulled over for some stupid shit and then when they check the liscense...BAM!! going to jail

not reforing to u lol

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
u can get a suspended license for unpaid tickets?? uh-oh...I think I otta pay minez then..

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well went to traffic court today, they said that since i have no record of paying the tickets that i got a maximized penalty, failure to appear, and something else and my fines went from 340 to 1300...so ill be having a supercharger for sale thread here shortly...

·
Registered
79 Posts
How did you pay the ticket? Cash, Check, CC?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.