Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Rocket Power
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm going to be picking up a 1971 Mustang Mach1 Fastback this weekend! I always wanted one because it is the same year I was born. This one was even built the same month!

It has a mildly built 302 bored out to 306 with a performance cam and hydraulic lifters. Edelbrock Performer RPM intake and Holley 600cfm carb. Chrome headers and Flowmaster dual exhaust round off the business end.

The icing on the cake for me is a full set of Cyberdyne digital gauges and a Lokar auto shifter! She's ready to roll but it does need a few minor things like an alignment and fix a small tear in the seat. Otherwise, I'll be hitting the local show this Sunday! wOOt!! :nuts:

I even started a new website to help quench my thirst for 71-73 Mustang Knowledge! www.7173MUSTANGS.com

More pics after I get her home!

·
Rocket Power
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Freakin awesome. We are gonna need more pics, of course. Sweet ass ride though.
Absolutely! My shutter finger is already itching! (along with my lead foot! Haha!)

I know it's a Ford but it should make a nice playmate for the Cobalt! LOL! I'm also restoring a 72 Mustang Coupe...I might not have told you guys about that! I already have a Ford Racing 306 Crate Motor sitting in the garage waiting to get installed. But that will be a winter project!

·
Registered
978 Posts
not a ford fan! but its a nice car i had a 69 firebird sold it and i miss it

·
Rocket Power
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Only other photo that I have right now...all crappy cell pics.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
I love mustangs, but 71's arent exactly my favorite, there a little overweight, but a nice looking car none-the-less!

·
Rocket Power
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I love mustangs, but 71's arent exactly my favorite, there a little overweight, but a nice looking car none-the-less!
[Cliffy Claven Voice] Eh, it's a little know fact tht the 71-73 Mustangs are only 4" longer and just over 500lbs heavier that their 69-70 siblings. That was to accommodate the available 429 Cobra Jet power plant! [/Cliffy Claven Voice] Personally, I love them! Definitely one of the most slippery designs to ever grace the Mustang name plate. :bigsmile:

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Wow. Now that's definition of American Muscle. I think I'm in love. Great find. Looks mint. We need drag videos ASAP to see how this kitten roars.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
[Cliffy Claven Voice] Eh, it's a little know fact tht the 71-73 Mustangs are only 4" longer and just over 500lbs heavier that their 69-70 siblings.:
That 500 pounds to much compared to the 67's with the 428 CJ

·
Rocket Power
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Be all over it if it was a 69 Boss.
I hear that...but I would have had to add a zero or two to the price...LOL. I almost bought a 69 fastback to make into a boss clone...but it sold before I could go see it.

·
Rocket Power
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow. Now that's definition of American Muscle. I think I'm in love. Great find. Looks mint. We need drag videos ASAP to see how this kitten roars.
It's damn near mint...but it does need a few things to make it perfect. The biggest thing is the interior door panels. PO covered them with speaker carpet! I already have a pair of excellent repros on the way to fix that problem. Other wise it just needs an alignment, a good cleaning and some decal removal from the rear quarter windows. I'll get a few videos soon! It definitely has a mean ass sound! The performance cam gives it a mild thump!

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
IMO 71-74 mustangs are really the only ones that should be classified as muscle cars.

·
Registered
274 Posts
As a muscle car enthusiast, you got yourself a nice ride there. Congrats on the purchase. Now what do you know about it? Things like trans, rear ratio, specific engine code, rear disc brakes, etc. Depending on the options, or lack thereof, it may be worth it to start hacking it up and throwing a high compression 347 stroker in there (600hp). :)

Make us proud!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.