Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got my ass kicked last night at the track. having some launch isssues and car issues giving me times of 16.0 2x. :mad::mad:

finally got the car setup and ready and had to go home because of rain. so it was a shitty day. I know i am easily able to run a 15.6 atleast!

oh well maybe next time.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I hope v-takk civics were not beating you.

·
Banned
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Take it back and try again. You should be able to pull off 15's easy. I've seen several 2.4 SS/NA cobalts run 15's and high 14's with mild mods. A few had a free flow exhaust, CAI, stronger motor/tranny mounts and ran with 16" slicks on the front to improve the axle ratio. If you are going to run at the track and have 17-19" rims, pull em off the front, drop down to 15-16" rims and you'll get a much improved time.

·
Banned
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ya i was tryin to pick up some cheap ass rims and throw on some drs.

next TNT is next weekend i think. ill be there for sure lol.

·
Banned
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
2.4 =(

first race i f'ed up my launch and held in the clutch too long and second race i dumped it on accident. i let out some air and was ready to go again but it got rained out.

i know i am capable of bustin atleast a 2.2 and 15.6 - 15.7.

a few months ago i was cuttin 2.3s all night long on bald stock pirellis. I wish they had decent track prep here. to show you how slow our track is. My best friend with a intake exhaust cobra with drs cut a 1.9 60 and only ran a 13.2, my other buddie with a whippled cobra ran a 12.8 with drs, another dude with a KB gt with a 100 shot ran 13.5 (traction issues) and another friend with 100 shot t/a ran a 14.0 (Major traction issues) his best time was 12.4.
I wish they took care of the track down here =( and yes i am blaming the track on my shitty times lol im bitter.

ive been contemplating going up to phx and running at firebird. seen a few stock cobras runnin 12s

·
Registered
142 Posts
I used to live in Phoenix and ran at Firebird International. Very nice track! Ran a 1970 Chevelle up there several times. Plus they race damn fast boats up there out on the lake and test and tune them also. I loved it. Much better than up here in Ohio. BLAH!

·
Banned
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ya that lake is cool. ive never actually been able to race up there but it seems like everyones times are fast there.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Practice thos launches and remember to load your exhaust.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.