Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man. I love them i can tell the difference. Plus on the box it said that they make some noise like a humming noise from a turbo when stopping. I havent heard it but yea. lol. They look amazing IMO

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
haha thanks everyone. Yea the breaking is A LOT BETTER. That shaking is completely gone. For everyone that has had problems with a shaking when you brake is because your rotors are warped. From what im told its common with a lot of the newer cars.

The black that was on there is only a protectant. They will be chrome after it wears off. It pretty much did that after driving around the block.

They are really easy to put on.

All you do is take off 2 bolts on the caliper. Its the two on the back of the caliper. THen the whole caliper slides right off. Then take off the rotor and there you go. Before you take the caliper off though. Get a flathead screwdriver and wedge it between your brake pads and rotor and push it in. This will push the brake fluid back and allow you to slip on the caliper to the new rotor without a problem.

I will try to get a better shot when the sun comes out. Its kinda crappy out now

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
looks good, bet its alot nicer than the stockers. I got some rotors I need to put on the balt aswell, but I am told its best to get new pads so I am waiting till I gots the money to get the pads I want.
Ive had the same pads on for 3 years now. Mine still look brand new you will be surprised. I'd look at them. Plus it will not hurt to use the same ones on your new rotors. Plenty of people do it.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
nice! might have to take on this project next summer as well.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.