Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So guys, I just found out that on August 30 that I can recieve at certificate of deposit that has been maturing for 20 years. My grandfather put it away for me when I was born and on August 30 it is done. I get the money for a total of $7811. I'm pretty excited. My question for you guys since I really like the people on this forum, is what on earth to spend it one. I will probably only take out 1500-2000 and save the rest. So with that being said here are my choices
1. Money for my cobalt to get all new engine internals, port polish, head shaving, cams, valves, etc.
2. A jet ski (may be more than 2000)
3. An ATV (may be more than 2000)
6. A bike
4. Money for a turbo/supercharger (don't really want to though)
5. Anyone else have some ideas?

·
Registered
455 Posts
i would go tc/sc. why dont you want to? or if not tc/sc do all the work leading up to it, like exhaust, headers, downpipes and such

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i don't like them personally, turboes are bad if they aren't installed properly and I was about to cash for clunkers my truck and trade in my car and use this money for a new 2010 ss cobalt but I like the mileage i get on my cobalt and using 87 octane gas

·
Registered
455 Posts
oh gotcha. well then i guess you have to decide on whether your doing the cash for clunkers thing first or not.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
well i'd say internals man...then IF you decide to go SC or TC you could put more boost on there

·
Registered
618 Posts
is that your girlfriend in your pic?......dude score points and take her shopping......then buy some wheels and tires cant go wrong with new shoes!!!!

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i'll be getting new rims and tires whenever I need to, along with brakes, shocks struts, stuff like that. Yes its my girlfriend lol, I bought her an ipod for her birthday and she said that was too much lol, she wants me to save it all

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
mmmm id have to agree you should re invest it so you can buy a new car in another 20 years!!!!! lol good luck deciding!
^^BEST POST IN THIS THREAD^^ your grandpa did not put money away for you to mod your car.. use it for college or invest it somehow.. Any money you put in your car you will NEVER see again..

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
nah i'm still a college student, most of my college expenses are already being paid like tuition and stuff like that, my parents make enough money for that, idk i've really wanted a jet ski the most i think, maybe I could find a used one somewhere

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
if it were me, I would hang onto it, put it in a nice savings account or something. Its easy to spend it and regret it as I say now knowing what i know. If I had that money when I was younger man, where I'd be now would be great instead of where I really am now haha

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
^^BEST POST IN THIS THREAD^^ your grandpa did not put money away for you to mod your car.. use it for college or invest it somehow.. Any money you put in your car you will NEVER see again..
that's not entirely true i use my pay check money and see the same thing every week :laugh:

if it were me, I would hang onto it, put it in a nice savings account or something. Its easy to spend it and regret it as I say now knowing what i know. If I had that money when I was younger man, where I'd be now would be great instead of where I really am now haha
i spent mine on buying my car in full now i have no money lol

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.