Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today when it stop snowing and raining at once,I went and got the exhaust system done with 2.5" all the way to where the downpipe is at,so now I am going to get the header and downpipe next.I paid only 90 dollars no tax at all to get it done.Saved my self money since I bought the muffler on my own and tip.The sound is great,not all whaaaa like a weed whacker,the car runs smoother that is for sure,but I am sure with the downpipe and header it will be way better.I will have pictures up when it actually gets nice honestly,spring time and still snowing in Chicago.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Is it stainless or aluminized steel? Did you use a resonator with the setup? Post some pics, I am curious to see the quality of work.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well the problem is though,I don't know anyone that has a welding machine,just the tools of working on engines thats pretty much it,plus the people I know can't weld for shit like me lol.I don't think there is a resonator though,but I can't really tell a difference honestly.from what I saw from the piping when he pulled it out,it looked stainless steel actually,As for sound clips I will post up to actually soon,when the weather here stops acting retarded for once.

·
Registered
230 Posts
well the problem is though,I don't know anyone that has a welding machine,just the tools of working on engines thats pretty much it,plus the people I know can't weld for shit like me lol.I don't think there is a resonator though,but I can't really tell a difference honestly.from what I saw from the piping when he pulled it out,it looked stainless steel actually,As for sound clips I will post up to actually soon,when the weather here stops acting retarded for once.
If he was welding with one of those portable MIG welders shops tend to have then it wasn't stainless. Stainless would have to be TIG welded and the pipes would have probably been more than $90 alone.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
portable as in a big ass machine to weld with? lol

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
is it mandrel bent ?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
This Thread is useless without pics

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah well there are plenty of people who post useless stuff either way and no one *****'s about it

·
Banned
161 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
hey all i asked for was pics not an attitude

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
yeah well there are plenty of people who post useless stuff either way and no one *****'s about it
ouch, and i thought highly of you man!

This Thread is useless without pics
not really, blackbalt, it most def. isnt stainless, it was probably aluminized. For the cost of pipes, it would have to be. If i was to do my own work, outta shop hours, i would use the tools commonly found at the local DIY garage(yes, there is a DIY autoshop here, and a bunch of wrecking yards, and parts stores within walking distance)

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What I meant by useless stuff would be certain threads that could use some pictures when people are selling things and what not.I already said if you read it, I was going to post pictures up when it is nicer outside,here living in Chicago has retarded weather,its unpredictable weather

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
What I meant by useless stuff would be certain threads that could use some pictures when people are selling things and what not.I already said if you read it, I was going to post pictures up when it is nicer outside,here living in Chicago has retarded weather,its unpredictable weather
I live in Alberta, one minute, sunshine, next, down in the deep freeze, and a dump of snow

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.