Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
mmmm rice<3
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally got pics up. got it in saturday, only took like 2 hrs 2.5 hrs somethin like that. lemme know what you think!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
First... Congratulations, looks great.

Second... ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME?!
How did you get that box in? I have the same one... I tore it apart to get the p1s out and bought another box today! I'm so mad now that I know I went through all that trouble and spending almost another $100 on my system for NO reason!!!! I could have gotten a cap. CRAP CRAP CRAP!

Again, good job getting that in -- HOWEVER you managed it?!

EDIT:
Guess: You took out the floor to have access to the spare tire well and went down at an angle?? :\ I didn't even think about that back 4 or 5 months ago when I tried. Ugh. :(

·
mmmm rice<3
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol a buddy and i just took out the bottom of the rear seats and the driver side rear seat, slid the fron driver seat up and there was like a centimeter of clearance. put the amp on the back, against the back of the rear seat and your set.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Tried it... didn't work.
Subwoofer install fail. :)
At any rate, I got something in the trunk now that pretty much slams, P1s just like you..
How do you like the sound in your ride?

I was blasting some Boom Boom Pow as soon as I got them in. Walked into my office a 25-minute-drive-later with a headache. lmao

Will I do it again when I get back in my car? You bet your ass I will! :)

·
mmmm rice<3
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ha it pretty much slammmmmssss. i want more tho. ill have chronic headaches by the time im 19(im 17 now) the way i want it. haha

·
Registered
24 Posts
the amp? yea fersher.i just gotta find like a 1200w amp at a decent price first lol
17... sweet. you're starting out with quality equipment and not crap like I did. I started on audiobahns from ebay and a crap-rated 2000w not a typo, TWO THOUSAND WATT amp... yeah... 2000 watt minus like 1900 watts

Anyway, it's cool you are starting out with good stuff. I'll never have anything but Rockford in my cars.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Looks good, however i had 2 12"s in a box in my car and i thought it ws too much,weighed down the car for sure and too much bass even with the speakers an amp properly tuned, Iam going with 1 10" JL Audio sub for quality and plus it frees up a lot of space in the trunk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Looks good, however i had 2 12"s in a box in my car and i thought it ws too much,weighed down the car for sure and too much bass even with the speakers an amp properly tuned, Iam going with 1 10" JL Audio sub for quality and plus it frees up a lot of space in the trunk
I haven't noticed the weight, although I just put them in this morning. Going to get gas here in a while and reset my mileage and make sure I'm staying right around 31 mpg like I was pre-install.

As for TOO much bass... if it's too loud you're too old. jk. You do have a good point. I'm kinda wondering if I shouldn't have went with ported in the little car. A sealed box probably would have given it better "punch". Oh well. Now I just need to get some tweeters installed to equalize the bass a little bit because right now, as you said, it is a lot and it's kind of overbearing to the point you have to put the subs on low and turn the head unit clear up.

Might look at a 4 channel amp to clear up that problem with a kit. I don't know - I'm talking a lot of money here that I don't have at this point. lol

·
mmmm rice<3
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
wow....2000 watts, might gotta look into that haha. and well this dude that is inlove with audio crap like set it up for me and i love it. although my rearview mirror wont stay up where i can use it. lol.

and thanks guys, and yea either rockford or kicker are the only systems go in my cars now lol. i get 27 without the system, and anyway it lowers my car a little hahaha.

·
mmmm rice<3
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks and i notice it a little when its turned down a little lower, but not much. when its up im sure it does but i cant hear it. but the rattles not too bad

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
thanks and i notice it a little when its turned down a little lower, but not much. when its up im sure it does but i cant hear it. but the rattles not too bad
open your trunk and look down at the latch. Unscrew the 2 hex heads, move the latch down a bit and screw it back in. Trunk should close real tight. No shaking hardly compared to when it's factory loose lol.

·
Registered
319 Posts
DAMNNNN Not going to lie that looks great ad I bet it sounds great too

·
Registered
13 Posts
damn it looks nice I just got rid of my 2 MTX 7500s 12s and put 2 MTX 8500s 10s and oh my god does it hit the 12s were crazy thease 10s are insane I cracked my windshield with the new ones i have some pics u should see I will post in a min or two

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.