Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just trying to find a good site to learn some info on my wifes 2006 cobalt 2.2l coupe.

I myself drive a 2007 Corolla, and a member of 9thgencorolla.com, and ive found some very helpful info there about my car, so i thought i would do the same for hers.

Now she wont let me get to crazy with it (turbo/supercharger) but she is wanting a few things....

Lowering springs (the ass sticks up way to high) (dont want a slam though)
Window tint
New muffler (more for looks, not sound, that stock muffler is an eye sore)
CAI
Tail lights (she has a purple cobalt, so maybe some clear tails with purple backing)

That will get me started for now, im not looking for cheap quality stuff, i would prefer to use aftermarket GM parts if possible,(dont know if they even make them) i just know for my corolla, they have Toyota Racing Development (TRD) and they make sport springs, mufflers, brakes CAI...... so if chevy has a similar line up, then point me in the right direction.

·
Registered
416 Posts
You hit the perfect site for ALL of those answers. Go to search and type in exhaust or springs or whatever else you want. That's what I did and am VERY happy with the outcomes and help from all the users in this group.:blink1:

·
Registered
978 Posts
Welcome to the site u will find alot of helpful people on here . again welcome

·
Registered
450 Posts
welcome... if you can't find it in the search bar then just post up a question and you'll definitely be helped... there are a lot of very klnowledgable people on this site and we're all usually willing to help

·
Registered
720 Posts
Hey all, just trying to find a good site to learn some info on my wifes 2006 cobalt 2.2l coupe.

I myself drive a 2007 Corolla, and a member of 9thgencorolla.com, and ive found some very helpful info there about my car, so i thought i would do the same for hers.

Now she wont let me get to crazy with it (turbo/supercharger) but she is wanting a few things....

Window tint
CAI
Tail lights (she has a purple cobalt, so maybe some clear tails with purple backing)

That will get me started for now, im not looking for cheap quality stuff, i would prefer to use aftermarket GM parts if possible,(dont know if they even make them) i just know for my corolla, they have Toyota Racing Development (TRD) and they make sport springs, mufflers, brakes CAI...... so if chevy has a similar line up, then point me in the right direction.
For lowering springs that don't drop it too much, I recommend Eibach Pro-kit. You'll get a nice firm ride and a little lower. I have the Sportlines. They drop it 2" front and 2.5" rear, but don't have the firmness that the Pro-kit has. There are a lot of other brands of springs available...nothing from GMPP that I know of though. You can always install the SS/SC factory springs if you want...a lot of people do that and it's cheaper.

Exhaust there are many options as well...if you want to stick with GM aftermarket, go with the GMPP Touring for a more quiet exhaust.

You can get a GMPP short ram intake, but no CAI by GMPP. You will have to get AEM or Injen for that.

There are a few options for tail lights, not what you are looking for, but you can always spray tint them with Nite-Shades by VHT.

·
Registered
100 Posts
welcome.....check out ksports lowering springs...theyre not too expensive and theyre not junk...i got a pair that dropped 2" front and 2.5" in the back for only $125...theres other drops too and are around the same price

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Welcome! Honestly even the lowest set of lowering spring don't slam it. The cobalt can take a pretty healthy drop and look like it SHOULD from the factory..

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts

Window tint
CAI

welcome man!
how do you like your corolla?
on the springs i love my eibach sportlines. but they are spendy as far as cobalt springs go. if your looking cheap, look into the k sports. but i agree with OBZ, you can drop a cobalt the max (w/o coilovers etc.) and its still kinda high.

new muffler....originally i went with a flowmaster 40 series, and it looked, and sounded good. the exhaust on the cobalt is kinda funky in the muffler area. because of the pear shaped muffler. just go with a decent muffler from a good shop. they will have to bend from the muffler to the tip anyway. unless its made for the cobalt.(cat back)

CAI...see if she has secondary air injection, and go from there. ill let you search on sai. kinda a ongoing question, but if she does. k&n is the only intake that supports that function. and no header available if sai. if not go with the injen. it goes from sai to cai. and is the best option IMO.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.