Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
GpB311/ 2005 LS 2.2/ Los Angeles, CA**Updated 6-27-11**

Thought I had made one of these a long time ago, but it appears I didnt...

2005 LS Sedan
Cashmere metallic exterior
tan interior (boo)
Power everything

Performance/Engine
-Injen CAI
-2.4 IM (Painted)
-Bad-Mad header
-ZZP catted DP (Ordering soon)
-TTR Upper Engine Mount
-Havent decided on exhaust
-B&M Shiftplus
-Final two mods will be 2.4TB and then a trifecta tune for power

Interior
-Painted trim black
-Blue LEDs with switch installed by emergency brake
-black floor mats to break up the tan
-Whiteface gauges
-Installed fake leather shift boot
-Replaced shifter handle
-7" Double Din Dvd player
-Pioneer audio package with second amp added to stock system
-Will be replacing cloth inserts on doors with black

Suspension
-FE5 shocks
-FE5 struts
-Pedders springs (To be ordered soon)

Misc
-Polished valve cover
-Painted a variety of plastic in engine bay
-Painted brake drums and calipers silver

updated 9-13-11

You can see the TTR engine mount here

·
Registered
505 Posts
Nice car, Got me a sedan too. Did you take the side moldings off the car yourself?

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yea, forgot to add that to the list.

Pulled those off when I debadged. Had to use this bug remover stuff to get leftover glue type residue off. You can sort of see where they used to be, but washing followed with a decent coat of wax makes them essentially invisible.

·
Registered
505 Posts
yea i cant figure put how to get it off. ive tried a lot of stuff.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks man. The cupholders are painted blue, but with the black insert in, you normally just see the top ring so it matches the ring around the shifter and that small amount of blue around my b&m shiftplus.

I have Blue LEDs installed with a switch mounted by the e-brake, so the blue matches that a little.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I normally just go for the plain black ones, but the cloth type ones just wear through way too quick. This is the first pair of rubber type ones Im trying...still havent trimmed them to fit though because I havent decided how much I like them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
hey man, how well is the filter protected against water? I want to go with a cai, but the rain here is horrible, but I was looking at my car today and noticed that the filter looks like it would be completely protected from water.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ive never had an issue, but rain isnt a big problem here really. haha. You can buy a "hydroshield" for you injen and maybe other cai's as well though. Theyre supposed to help avoid water problems without hurting performance too much. I dont have one myself though.

·
Registered
269 Posts
God i love the stock look of it. Especially in the tan beige color. Love the car!

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks man. Not too many of us "cashmere metallic" cobalts rolling around...or at least not too many that arent run down rental cars. haha

Just added a couple pics for my new wideband and oil pressure gauges. not hooked up totally yet, so the readings arent accurate...I dont have 100+psi of oil pressure.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Gauges look good! Like the first look at your car is oh how cute mom put an exhaust on her car. But then it just blows by you. Gah i love it.

Oh and btw. Shorty antenna ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.