Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a good audio system that would have the following?

gps
plays music videos
touch screen
all the basic of a badass system hehe

I own a 05 chevy cobalt LS and cant really find a good system that would fit it without modification (if there even is one?)

any favorites out there?

thx

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
i have the pioneer Z2, its pretty much the baddest ****in indash you can get. They jsut came out with an upgraded one called the Z3 too. Its 7inch touch screen, built in hardrive to store all your music on, gps, etc etc etc....

But it does cost a good chunk of money, i would recommend getting the pioneer avic d3 like twisted said. That thing is badass aswell. Its pretty much the same as the Z2 but i doesnt have a built in hardrive, and the screen in a little smaller. like an inch or something.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I've got the D3. They've discountinued it though and now they have the FT900 that is the newer version.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks hailceaser but im not really a fan of those pop out ones and could block my AC.

Id like one that just fits in with my current audio system, those poineer ones look nice, 1.2k is a bit much but id still pay for it once i was to get the money.

unless there is a older version with a huge price difference and little changes?
500-800 is more i would pay but that top end pioneer avic d3 seems like one of the pain ones ill aim to buy.

unless more post and i change my mind hehe

·
Registered
1,115 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Yes it will fit your cobalt, its the same dimensions as my 2 and that fits in my car.
Th only thing is there is some plastic behind our stock radio that will block the d3 from going all the way in, its not a problem though, just cut it with a knife andyour fine. The guy that installed my z2 said thats how almost eveyr car is, it nevers fits 100% perfect in any car, a little custom work will need to be done. But it didnt cost any extra.

And yes they can hook up the steering wheel controls to work with it, but that i heard costs extra.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.