Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Chevy Customer Service
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to introduce myself as a Customer Assistance Representative from the GM Social Media group. The GM Social Media team is responsible for scanning over sixty forums, including this one, in order to provide customer service to those who utilize them. While we are not able to provide technical assistance, we are able to help in terms of customer assistance. This would include interacting with the customer in hopes that we can reach some kind of resolution together. We are looking forward to assisting those with concerns on the site. I can understand and appreciate you wanting to ensure that this is a legitimate outreach from GM. We are eager to be joining this online community and hope that we are able to provide some assistance here. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
For one thing, Because of the Service i received. I am no longer going to own or consider chevy or a GM product again. Such a hassle to have anything warrantied EVEN when its a known factory defect.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I'm surprised they're even paying attention to the Cobalt forums given that the Cobalt has been the spawn of satan since the Cruze was announced. :blink1:

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
Lol agree with Mike on this one, definately is not going to be good. Good thing I have like no warranty left, that is something GM sucks at, the warranty they have.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Lol agree with Mike on this one, definately is not going to be good. Good thing I have like no warranty left, that is something GM sucks at, the warranty they have.
i hope they read this one and decide 2 fix that problem.... LMAO! who am i kidding!!!

·
Registered
195 Posts
What's a warrenty, lol? The petty 3yr 36K on a 2006 that has been long gone and even with it, it was like pulling teeth to get stuff done.
And every Chevy stealership I have ever been to has no clue of what customer service even is, just money. I don't foresee any further posts of merit from you, only nonsense runaround answers trying to promote. Just saying (I'm sour).

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
I'd like to welcome this new member but I have my suspicions as well.

I can say however that I have no problems getting warranty work done on my car but that is only because I work at a Chevy Dealer that will remain un-named in this forum.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts

I can say however that I have no problems getting warranty work done on my car but that is only because I work at a Chevy Dealer that will remain un-named in this forum.
Obviously if you work at a dealer, getting good work done is easy.

For those of us who don't... well... all I've come across is gross incompetence. Most of the stuff I’ve had replaced on my Cobalt was directly related to the dealership screwing it up while trying to replace something that was defective. I’ve had Dealers install parts wrong (once they installed a Cobalt LT center grille in my SS/SC… upside down and jury rigged in with tape), I’ve had them glue my ebrake handle shut with mastic when they should’ve replaced the entire assembly from the broken retaining clip for the ebrake boot (which they had replaced the boot itself 3 times, despite me constantly showing the service manager the broken clip). I’ve had them completely miss that my Grand Am had a thrown rod bearing until I turned around when the car only did 35mph top speed downhill.) I’ve had a dealership try and claim that I needed to drop a grand on brand new tires (Despite having just mounted brand new Kumhos with a full road force balance weeks earlier) when I went in to get a rotor turned.

This is not one dealership. This has been every single dealership in the area I’ve gone to. All of them break something at least once. If not for the fact that the car is still under GMPP Major Guard, I would just do all the work myself.

Also, in addition to the dealer issues, getting parts seems to be an issue as of late. Took about 3 months to get a dash trim piece (needed due to the dealer breaking the tab mounts). Apparently I've seen quite a number of issues with backorder parts with others too.

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
They still are trying to get me in for the power steering recall.

I'll go in when it fails.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Never had a warranty hassle. My local dealer is great in sales-service and parts. I could not be happier with my dealership. Stop in to see them even if I don't need something. Great relationship.

·
Registered
992 Posts
I say welcome. Im sure your a nice person..but that company you work for sucks at customer service:bigsmile:

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Assuming you make there alive!
Meh, just makes it harder to turn in a parking lot. At speed you don't even notice it.

And welcome, BTW.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Welcome Tricia!

You guys are being very bitter! It's not Tricia's fault that there are bad dealerships out there. At least they are trying to address it, if her intentions are honest. I know some dealerships have had bad reputations...once they make the sale they don't want to see you again. I have had dealership repair guys flat out lie to me.

For my Cobalt, the dealership I bought it from, Wally Edgar Chevrolet, in Lake Orion, MI has been pretty good. I have had a few warranty issues that were fixed (including the power steering) in a timely manner. They have always treated me fairly.

I will not buy parts there though because of the price if I don't have to. That part I don't understand...why can Autozone, right down the street, sell the same parts for much cheaper? I will also not take my car there for repairs when it runs out of warranty (which is soon) because of the cost.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts

Rub it in why don't you :laugh:

I haven't had any real issues with my dealership, however, my car is not under warranty. My biggest complaint is I can never get a straight answer from them!

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
For my Cobalt, the dealership I bought it from, Wally Edgar Chevrolet, in Lake Orion, MI has been pretty good. I have had a few warranty issues that were fixed (including the power steering) in a timely manner. They have always treated me fairly.
It seems like Michigan dealerships are less shitty than those in other states...

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.