Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! This site has helped me a whole lot while doing some modding to my Cobalt. I thought I would finally join and show off my sweet 'balt.

I bought a 2006 Chevy Cobalt Coupe Lt earlier this year. Got it from a dealer with 137,000 miles with a new engine installed. It's in pretty good shape - the exterior has one noticeable dent and there are a couple minor issues (overheated once), but it's was an excellent deal!

This is my first car and I got into modding it straight away!

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Welcome, what are your plans?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I'm saving up for a new suspension. I don't think I want to spend $1,000 on coilovers so I might go for new shocks and lowering springs. But I think my next projects will be footwell lights, underglow, and probably other minor things cause I'm pretty broke now.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I'd go with SSC springs if you want low on a budget and still quality springs, or you can practically have my Eibach Sportlines when I take them off, but they aren't very good. Better than FE1 but worse than most.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Batmobile. Nice cobalt. My friend has an all black car and we call it the Batmobile. What part of Maryland do you live in?

Also andrew: I didn't know Eibach were not that great cause I was actually considering those. Might have to reconsider :wondering:. Wasn't sure about the pro or the sportlines because I don't want to be too low that I can't go up my driveway! But hey if you're getting rid of yours I might be interested.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Hey Batmobile. Nice cobalt. My friend has an all black car and we call it the Batmobile. What part of Maryland do you live in?

Also andrew: I didn't know Eibach were not that great cause I was actually considering those. Might have to reconsider :wondering:. Wasn't sure about the pro or the sportlines because I don't want to be too low that I can't go up my driveway! But hey if you're getting rid of yours I might be interested.
plot twist: batmobile is your friend with the all black car you call the batmobile!

welcome to the club! there's more bad stories than good with eibach that's why most people dont recommend them

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I love how you finally admit it, YYZ FTW.

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
I've heard of Challenger Deep. Do you live in the Marianas trench?

Not the first time I admit too it. I'd show you the comparison photos between the new springs and a few months old, but those pics were on my old phone. Oddly enough, the rear springs are twice as bad as the front. Fronts look decent atm.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.