1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2007 cobalt lt
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Day guys !
I've joined this community to find some good infos & tricks on ;
swapping a 2009 2.2 LAP engine & trans into a 2007 cobalt lt 2.2 L61

I'm searching the site for as much infos as possible!
Thnks in advance for your time guys !
Fred

· Registered
1,354 Posts
You will want the entire LAP engine wiring harness, and matching ECM. The trans TCM would also be good. While your there, verify, clean, grease all of your electrical grounds….search for ground location images.
know how to adjust the trans shift cables. Again search the forum here for that.
This would be a great time to check the intermediate shaft, clean & grease or replace.
Enjoy

· Registered
2007 cobalt lt
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You will want the entire LAP engine wiring harness, and matching ECM. The trans TCM would also be good. While your there, verify, clean, grease all of your electrical grounds….search for ground location images.
know how to adjust the trans shift cables. Again search the forum here for that.
This would be a great time to check the intermediate shaft, clean & grease or replace.
Enjoy
Good Day !

On that engine harness,
It's not just an engine Bay harness,
  • need to gut the whole car to remove it right ?
  • gotta pull thu firewall from inside , fuse blocks won't pass thru hole I think ?

Thnks

· Registered
1,354 Posts
I think you need to take a closer look. The fuse block does not need to pass through the firewall. Nor do you necessarily need all of the circuits available for an LTG equipped automobile, in a Cobalt.
Depending upon your transmission, you may need the TCM unless your driving a standard. You will want the ECM and the entire engine bay wiring.

· Registered
2007 cobalt lt
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think you need to take a closer look. The fuse block does not need to pass through the firewall. Nor do you necessarily need all of the circuits available for an LTG equipped automobile, in a Cobalt.
Depending upon your transmission, you may need the TCM unless your driving a standard. You will want the ECM and the entire engine bay wiring.
Good Day 👍

My issues are ;
-I need both ecm under hood
-Engine harness
-Ignition barrel wit key
-BCM
- airbag ecm
The airbag ecm doesn't plug , connector is different & pinout in the ecm is different too ... can I keep mine ?

- the donor is ABS 2009
My 2007 isn't, will the ecm & bcm work without?

Relay box under hood , which one do I use ?
They are different, since their is more stuff in the 2009

Thnks for you infos sir !

· Registered
1,354 Posts
@Mr.Cobalt
I think you might need to get a TechII first.
If you change out your BCM, there will be much time spent reconfiguring the new BCM for operating on your 2007. Starting with the radio, then the rest of the security system, and then what are your plans with the tire pressure monitoring system that the 2007 may not have but was stock for the 2009?
As far as “relay box” under the hood??? Do you mean the under hood fuse box / fuse block or the ECM, and TCM, or something else?

your wish list is exploding in too many directions with too many possibilities. Each can lead to a no start and never will until the system is software bonded together.

· Registered
2007 cobalt lt
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Would like to make that engine work with least amount of modifications is the goal !

Is making the 09 vvt engine operate with all 07 electronic possible ?
With maybe loading the 2009 tune in the 07 pcm ?

· Registered
1,354 Posts
I purchased my Clone Tech II from a vendor on ebay for around $250. It included the various ODB adaptors,, CANDI module,hard case, and a data card with all GM products up to 2014. Then spent many, many hours learning how to use just part of the system.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts